Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Thunderstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about equipping weapons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ross Murray
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Im pretty sure I have the answer to my question however I cannot locate anything in the rules to cofirm my suspicions.

How many weapons can a Hero weild. It makes sense that a Hero couldn't weild two Polearms, even with enough strength. However it does make sense that the same Hero could weild two daggers, which are the same weight.

My thoughts are to say that there must be a strict 1-weapon-per-Hero ruling, but again, without confirmation in the rulebook I have trouble explaining this to my group. Particularly the ones who are always trying to find a loophole to get ahead shake
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fractal Energy
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 1 weapon per Hero (except this one race in the expansion that can wield as many weapons as he wants).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sstrunks5555 wrote:
Only 1 weapon per Hero (except this one race in the expansion that can wield as many weapons as he wants).


"Toryn", He rocks.
A few Toryns and a bunch of Flaming Swords (Thin down your deck, no need for food), and the monsters will run in fear. Well most of them anyway.
Also he is great for Tavern Brawl, he's pretty much the strongest hero in the game.

Before I get flamed, this is not a combo that breaks the game, against a good opponent(s) it is near impossible to pull off, especially if illusory blade is in the village. But if you can pull it off, you are pretty unbeatable near mid to end game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules version 1.4 in the Battles overview section -- "Each Hero can equip only one Weapon card"

(As noted, Toryn is an exception)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chessduffer wrote:

A few Toryns and a bunch of Flaming Swords


You obviously haven't had a toryn/claymore combo. You can clear out an entire dungeon if you're lucky.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hanibalicious wrote:
chessduffer wrote:

A few Toryns and a bunch of Flaming Swords


You obviously haven't had a toryn/claymore combo. You can clear out an entire dungeon if you're lucky.


Haven't used that, but I like the fact that Flaming Sword gives me Magic Attack (some monsters require it), and Light at the same time. Claymore is standard attack and No light so I would have to create light some how which means another card in my deck. Also I think Claymore is weight 8, but basic Toryn is strength 7 which means I need some type of food or other source of strenght. But I will have to try it out sometime.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chessduffer wrote:
hanibalicious wrote:
chessduffer wrote:

A few Toryns and a bunch of Flaming Swords


You obviously haven't had a toryn/claymore combo. You can clear out an entire dungeon if you're lucky.


Haven't used that, but I like the fact that Flaming Sword gives me Magic Attack (some monsters require it), and Light at the same time. Claymore is standard attack and No light so I would have to create light some how which means another card in my deck. Also I think Claymore is weight 8, but basic Toryn is strength 7 which means I need some type of food or other source of strenght. But I will have to try it out sometime.
For the times you actually can wield Claymore, it is nice to 2 monsters in one go. Sure, your freebie monster can only be worth 1 or 2 VP, but it is 1 or 2 VP less for any of your opponents (late in game, they'll likely be able to kill them with ease). You don't get any XP for those freebies, but again, that late in game, it's much less about the XP. That extra monster can be nice in 3p or even 4p games where you get less turns. And goodness forbid... especially 5p games devil
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One problem with the claymore idea with my group is that we play with a stacked dungeon deck (Meaning we put them basically in an order of low ranking monsters on top and the higher ranking monstes at the bottom, so by the time I would get the claymore there will not be much 1 or 2 vp monsters. But I will definitely try it anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.