Popular Tags: [View All]
Angus MacGyver
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game last night and came across two points of discussion:

1) When a zombie goes to capture a human, and another player arms that human with a weapon, and the human fails... can a different player give him another weapon? Or does that whole process of arming a human only occur once in that capture phase?

2) As we were playing, especially towards the end, the "Escape" cards were fairly frequent when trying to capture a human. We weren't getting very many doubles (causing us to remove one of the "Escapes" from the game), so one showed up almost 1/3 of the time... or at least it felt that way. Anyone else experience that? Or did I misinterpret the rules that say as soon as an Escape card is drawn, the human gets off scott free (even if there are two Eat or Infect cards)?

Again, kudos to Twilight for answering questions and supporting their games like this. We referred to the online FAQ a handful of times last night while playing, and it definitely helped. We're giving Humans!!! another shot in a few days and hoping for a smoother ride (this session lasted well over 2 hours).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Less snark is my goal.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd & Kerry are at Essen, but I've played and taught this a few times and been corrected where necessary by Todd.

TRaptus wrote:
1) When a zombie goes to capture a human, and another player arms that human with a weapon, and the human fails... can a different player give him another weapon? Or does that whole process of arming a human only occur once in that capture phase?

Only once per capture phase and starting with the player to his left. So if player 1 decides not to arm the human and players 2 and 3 can't, player 4 gets away with no fight. If player 1 does arm him with a crap weapon and the human loses, then the capture is complete - the other players can't also arm the human.

TRaptus wrote:
2) As we were playing, especially towards the end, the "Escape" cards were fairly frequent when trying to capture a human. We weren't getting very many doubles (causing us to remove one of the "Escapes" from the game), so one showed up almost 1/3 of the time... or at least it felt that way. Anyone else experience that? Or did I misinterpret the rules that say as soon as an Escape card is drawn, the human gets off scott free (even if there are two Eat or Infect cards)?

You played it correctly. You did remove just 1 Eat card if a human got eaten and nothing for an infect, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus MacGyver
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. O, thanks for the super fast reply!

Yeah, we removed 1 Eat card every time a human was eaten. I guess my friend just had really bad luck with those Escape cards.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Less snark is my goal.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One key to speeding up the game is to get into the idea of cornering humans. If a human gets an escape but can't move anywhere, it's an automatic capture.

So if you can get one into the corner somewhere and surround it, then the only way for it to escape is for it to kill the zombie that attacks. Otherwise, it's captured for sure.

For example

H2

If that human is trapped against a corner of a building, moving 1 of the zombies from the square with 2 on top of it means it will be captured unless it shoots you.

Same thing only harder on a road. on a straight road though, you can often take a human or two with this automatic capture by surrounding them. I've played and taught this game a lot and in nearly every game whoever figured out how to surround well first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus MacGyver
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's huge.

So if you "automatic capture" that means you skip rolling for capture, and go right to attack (if any) and then to drawing infected cards... and if they get "Escape" you ignore that card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Less snark is my goal.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.