Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Soulliere
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C.Ray and Andrea showed up shortly after that and we were going to settle down to play a game of La Strada (which I’ve been waiting to play). But as a total surprise, the “Chief Elf” himself, John Kaufeld decided to drop in for some gaming. Just when I thought things couldn’t get more interesting Bobby Rothrock stopped over as well and suddenly we had a full house.

I decided that with a group like this we should break out some TurfMaster since John, C.Ray and Andrea had never played before. Since I’ve already bored you once before we details on how this game works, I won’t go into it again.

We explained the rules to the group and jumped right in.

The first race went very cleanly. Andrea and I boxed out the rest of the crowd and dominated the pack. John and Brian were battling it out for 6th place. Each and every one of us had to draw our two bonus cards and it became a sprint towards the end. It was neck and neck around the straight. Andrea and I were tied (I had the inside lane) and 5 spaces from the finish line. Lucky for us it was a dice roll and Andrea choose the 6 to have us finish first and second leaving the rest of the crew to race had the next turn.

Now that everyone had a lap under their belts it was time to get serious. The bell sounded and we were off.

We stayed in a pretty tight bunch going into turn one Andrea and I were again pressed to the inside and out in front. John and Bobby were taking the outside approach and rapidly pulling ahead. We had just started to come out of the second turn when things got ugly.

Andrea was in the lead, I was right on her tail and I had 3 guys stacked to my right pinning me in. Then the unthinkable happened. Andrea’s horse went down and I had no place to go but down as well. The rest of the field shot around us and left us in last place. It was so bad that it took me several turns after the rest of the group had finished just to cross the finish line. I have no idea who won as my horse was limping across the field. I believe it was John or Brian who finished first, but don’t quote me on that one.

John had decided it was time to take off, but we talked him into playing Rette Sich Wer Kann. This is also affectionately known as the Life Boat game. Where players take turns voting to put holes in boats, toss people over board and paddle ahead to shore.

We all had a great time with C.Ray taking the win (grudgingly) at the end.

All in all it was a great game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.