Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I don't have affiliation with any group in these areas, but I know there are some here. Post 'em if you got 'em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm planning on attending the Kansas City Kingmaker Game Club once I get situated down there.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/KC_Kingmaker_game_club/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carlton
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabletop Blockheads meets every Thursday night, 7-12 at Tabletop Games & Hobby, 76th & Quivira.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TabletopBlockheads/

Edit: Tabletop Games & Hobby now has a nicer, newer location at 103rd & Metcalf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Wichita, it's probably too far for me to go to KC to play games. But I do have relatives in Lawrence. So if there are any game groups there I'd be interested in hearing about them. Of course I'd also be interested in any game groups in Wichita but I checked and I don't think they exist. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carlton
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops! I didn't realize the Tabletop forum was a closed group. Unfortunately, Yahoo won't let us change it.

If you'd like to join, send me your email address and I'll invite you in.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Hall
United States
Clinton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a good group of gamers getting together on weekends in Maryville, Mo. Publicly we get board games out at Movie magic on Saturday Afternoons, 1 to close. See Nat at the store for info. Privately we get togehter and game as well. Email me in you want to be contacted. knowbody@classicnet.net

We have road tripped down to KC a couple of times on Thursday nights and have enjoyed gaming there as well.

Ted Hall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a few times on Thursday night at Tabletop. Really nice folks but they play mostly the light fluffy games. I'm looking for Victory Games and Avalon Hill games to play. I'm looking to play wargames like VG's Civil War (Just picked that up), Advanced Civilization, Britannia, Conquistador and Peloponnesian War. Most people it seems play either the CCGs, Warhammer or fluffy German Games. I keep looking though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Williams
United States
Belton
Missouri
flag msg tools
What do you consider a "fluffy German game"? Just curious. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Williams
United States
Belton
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'd like to come out and possibly join the group at Tabletop Games in Overland Park on Thursday evenings from 7 p.m. to 12 p.m.

Would it be all right to just come out tonight (Thursday, March 16, 2006) to see what games are being played? I just started boardgaming last August, 2005. Have been looking for a place to play and learn some new games.

I teach reading to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students in North Kansas but I live south of the river. I use some games with my students to improve their reading and social skills.

Thanks for any information you could possibly give.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carlton
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sundancer1129 wrote:
Would it be all right to just come out tonight (Thursday, March 16, 2006) to see what games are being played?

Absolutely!

We have a large Formula De league that is running on two tracks starting at 6:00 tonight. (Actually, we're looking for a replacement driver because one of the members can't make it tonight. Let me know if you are interested.)

Other German-style games should get going around 6:30 or 7:00. Feel free to drop by anytime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Williams
United States
Belton
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thank you for your reply. I'll try to get there a little before 6 p.m. I've never seen the Formula race game played. I'm looking forward to it.
See you this evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Lauber
United States
Osage City
Kansas
flag msg tools
sundancer1129 wrote:
I'd like to come out and possibly join the group at Tabletop Games in Overland Park on Thursday evenings from 7 p.m. to 12 p.m.

Would it be all right to just come out tonight (Thursday, March 16, 2006) to see what games are being played? I just started boardgaming last August, 2005. Have been looking for a place to play and learn some new games.

I teach reading to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students in North Kansas but I live south of the river. I use some games with my students to improve their reading and social skills.

Thanks for any information you could possibly give.
If you're not familiar with Tabletop Games, you should be. They know/understand/speak games and have an excellent selection. You can find games with nearly any theme/mechanic/etc. you're looking for. It is friendly, always well-stocked, and new games coming in all the time. Am I gushing? A bit. But it is the finest independently-owned game store I have visited anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Jessee
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a group of people that play boardgames at 31st Century Games on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sinclair
United States
Shawnee
KS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a few games from 31st Century Games in the past month. Great selection of euro games and friendly staff. Clean and well lit. I have not been there for boardgame nights because it is not really close to my house. Luckily work brings me out there every once in a while.

http://www.31stcenturygames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ashby
United States
Gardner
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I went to my first boardgame night there at 31st Century last night and had a good time. There weren't that many people playing boardgames early on but by the time we finished Fury of Dracula after 10 or 11pm there were still 6 people there wanting to play. We finished up the night a little after 1 in the morning. I've got to give thanks to the guy running the store, I'm not sure if he was the owner or not, but he was very accommodating and waited until the game was over before he mentioned the need to close up. There is a lot of miniature gaming that goes on in the store with several elaborate sculpted layouts but there is enough room there for everyone it seems. The crowd at least last night was younger than me, it was mostly people in their 20's and at the low end of that scale as well but I never felt uncomfortable due to the age difference (I'm only 34 though) and they were a friendly group. I did stop by the store on a Sunday a few weeks back and there was an older slant to the crowd that day and more wargaming going on.

I was new to the hobby when I asked about going to the stores boardgame nights awhile back and I didn't feel right about gaming in a store when the majority of my purchases have been through discount online retailers. I've since bought 4-5 games from 31st Century and if buying some of my games at full price can help keep a store like that open I'm happy to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Li
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdp4828 wrote:
I'm in Wichita, it's probably too far for me to go to KC to play games. But I do have relatives in Lawrence. So if there are any game groups there I'd be interested in hearing about them. Of course I'd also be interested in any game groups in Wichita but I checked and I don't think they exist. soblue

For future reference, there IS a boardgame group in Wichita now.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wichita_boardgamers/

Of course, Marshall isn't just a member of the club, he's the president!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Wilbur III
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to throw in my $0.02 about 31st Century. I've never gamed there myself but they have an excellent selection of boardgames (unlike most of the other game stores around eg. Battlezone which are all about miniatures and CCGs).

Their prices are fairly steep (I could buy online for less even with shipping in most cases). But they do seem to have very friendly and helpful staff and if they don't have a game you want they can order it.

As with most FLGSs the primary customer base there is teenage and twentysomething boys with a few older men and no noticable female population whatsoever.

The selection of Eurogames, CCGs, and miniatures is excellent, wargame selection fair, and kids game selection weak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Lauber
United States
Osage City
Kansas
flag msg tools
Quote:

A group exists in the Topeka/Lawrence area, too.
http://boardgames.meetup.com/432/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

xx
msg tools
There is also an ASL club in Kansas City. It has probably 15 or so members, with about 6 'regulars.' they also put on an ASL convention (March Madness) every year.

The two leads of the club are Dan Best and Tom Meier. I don't know whether they are regular BGG readers, but they are both members of Consimworld (conflict simulation world. www.consimworld.com). You can find contact information for the club at consimworld.com, in the forums, under the 'conventions' tab and the 'March Madness' convention.

the name of the club:

KIA (Kansas City Irregular ASLers).

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy McKean
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
I've played a few times on Thursday night at Tabletop. Really nice folks but they play mostly the light fluffy games. I'm looking for Victory Games and Avalon Hill games to play. I'm looking to play wargames like VG's Civil War (Just picked that up), Advanced Civilization, Britannia, Conquistador and Peloponnesian War. Most people it seems play either the CCGs, Warhammer or fluffy German Games. I keep looking though.

I'm with you here. I've got the same situation going on at 31st Century. Maybe we should meet up sometime? ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cole
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leslauber wrote:
Quote:

A group exists in the Topeka/Lawrence area, too.
http://boardgames.meetup.com/432/

We also have a guild page here too.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/530

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.