Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Butler
United States
Marshall
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wanting to get this game, but it looks like most of the distributors are out of stock. I was able to find the German language version at Funagain Games for $53.95 but another article indicated that there was some inconvenience in dealing with the translation of the components, so I think I might wait. Does anyone know if the english version will be available again, and if so, when?

Thanks! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:availability?
shotokanguy (#449424),

I scooped up a german version from Funagain several weeks ago. After 1-2 gams, the german text on the cards is pretty easy to deal with. They use pictures and symbols in most places as well, and you can get the translations here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Gunter
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
shotokanguy (#449424),

I think I can be safe in saying that you're very unlikely to find an English copy for a decent price. It's been out of print for almost two years, and Rio Grande isn't going to reprint it because it wouldn't be cost effective for them unless the German edition is reprinted at the same time. Seeing as the game is still fairly common in Germany, this game will (unfortunately) not be reprinted for a very, very long time. If ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Booker
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
shotokanguy (#449424),
Good English rules and component translations are available and, as one other respondent said, once you've played a game the cards are easy to deal with and do not present a barrier to enjoy this wonderful game.

I have the German version btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Butler
United States
Marshall
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice. I have decided to go ahead and order a copy. It seems like a very unique game that is exactly what I'm looking for in a "city building" type of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
But please don't call me Jerry.
badge
At one time, I didn't really like Power Grid so Ted made my piece a Power Grid piece.
mbmbmbmbmb
shotokanguy (#449424),

I guess it's probably too late for you, but timewellspent.org got 5 copies in, they have it for $44.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.