United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
As a wedding gift, Becca finally made me join the real world and own a smart phone.

Nothing better than listening to randomly selected Swedish death metal while toiling away on some spreadsheet for the man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I drink your milkshake!
mbmbmbmbmb
I always think to myself, "Hey, I should probably listen to some music at work. Or those podcasts that always keep piling up." But then end up not doing it.

My office mate is usually playing something random that I don't care for (Coheed and Cambria, seriously? I challenge someone to convince me that this band doesn't suck). But then again I must not hate it too bad because I don't just listen to something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be time to get yourself a Pandora Radio:

http://www.amazon.com/Livio-Internet-Radio-Featuring-Pandora...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
UndeadViking wrote:
As a wedding gift, Becca finally made me join the real world and own a smart phone.

Nothing better than listening to randomly selected Swedish death metal while toiling away on some spreadsheet for the man.

They just dropped the uber-restrictive firewall rules at work, and now I don't even need a smartphone.

It's nice.

At some point it was understandable that one couldn't have every employee running 128Kbps to their desk, but now with comcast offering 20Mbps as a baseline for consumer broadband... I don't know if I agree with that assertion anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
*Oh, and coheed and cambria totally sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I'm currently working to Black Metal by Venom, so I totally get what you're talking about.

BigChzy wrote:
(Coheed and Cambria, seriously? I challenge someone to convince me that this band doesn't suck)

What I missed most about being away from BGG was not being able to rant about the things that bugged me. I bought one of this band's CDs after I had seen it mentioned in the same breath as bands like Isis and Pelican, so when I saw one of their CDs on sale at Best Buy, I picked it up. After one listen, I thought it was on the level of the cheesiest '80s hair metal I ever heard, just without the self-irony of bands like The Darkness.

For the record, I don't understand how C&C drew those comparisons. They're not even in the same sport, much less the same team. Hell, they have more in common with C&C Music Factory than any post-rock bands I've heard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
...mentioned in the same breath as bands like Isis and Pelican...

You got trolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandora's not bad, and I have it on when I'm the only one in the office. It has also turned me on to bands I hadn't heard which are similiar to ones I have. However, they go back to the same set of songs many times if the genre isn't broad enough, and they lean a bit heavily on the live version of songs - which I'm not usually a fan of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have fallen in love with Lee Press-On and the Nails
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.