Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Swarthout
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this sounds naive; I own the game but have yet to play it.

If a hero doesn't have a weapon equipped (for whatever reason), then neither his attack/magic attack nor his light bonus contribute to a battle?

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
GSwarthout wrote:

If a hero doesn't have a weapon equipped (for whatever reason), then neither his attack/magic attack nor his light bonus contribute to a battle?

Greg

This is incorrect in its entirety. Heroes may, generally speaking, attack without having a weapon attached.

The section you are reading happens to be about effects from monsters cards, in specific the effect "Unequipped Heroes Cannot Attack". Monsters with this phrase may not be attacked by heroes who do not have weapons equipped. This does, indeed, negate his attack/magic attack and light bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Swarthout
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:
GSwarthout wrote:

Greg

This is incorrect in its entirety. Heroes may, generally speaking, attack without having a weapon attached.

The section you are reading happens to be about effects from monsters cards, in specific the effect "Unequipped Heroes Cannot Attack". Monsters with this phrase may not be attacked by heroes who do not have weapons equipped. This does, indeed, negate his attack/magic attack and light bonus.

Gotcha! (And thanks for the quick reply)

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
'This is incorrect in its entirety. Heroes may, generally speaking, attack without having a weapon attached'. What?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
'This is incorrect in its entirety. Heroes may, generally speaking, attack without having a weapon attached'. What?

What what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
First there's Heroes CAN attack w/o Weapons then Heroes CANNOT attack w/o Weapons. Can you clarify on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
First there's Heroes CAN attack w/o Weapons then Heroes CANNOT attack w/o Weapons. Can you clarify on that?

Who's on first.

There are some specific monster cards with the effect: 'Unequipped Heroes Cannot Attack'

Choosing to fight the monster with that particular effect, if a hero in your hand is unequipped, he contributes NOTHING to the battle.

If a monster does not have that particular effect, any unequipped hero can still give him a knuckle sandwich, blast him with magic, provide light, whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
i'm not trying to be difficult here but referring to p10 and p15 of the rulebook 'Unequipped Heroes are still vulnerable to Battle Effects despite unable to contribute to the battle' is what i comprehend.

And what section, praytell, is that under?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
ok let's put it this way: Weapons MUST be equipped to a Hero to contribute to Battle, but a Hero need not to be equipped to a Weapon. Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
ok let's put it this way: Weapons MUST be equipped to a Hero to contribute to Battle, but a Hero need not to be equipped to a Weapon. Am I right?

Weapons must be equipped to a hero in order for that weapon to contribute in the battle, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
sorry for all this mess Slaqr (and the rest of you)
The rulebook is written in such a way that must be read VERY VERY carefully!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
Really? I don't think so. The rules are pretty well written. At least the 1.4 rules are; I never saw the original rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Forgive me for being a newbie then--first game ever bought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Third Base
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Midnight Rider wrote:
charlesting wrote:

Who's on first.
Thirdbase

Quote:
There are some specific monster cards with the effect: 'Unequipped Heroes Cannot Attack'

Choosing to fight the monster with that particular effect, if a hero in your hand is unequipped, he contributes NOTHING to the battle.

If a monster does not have that particular effect, any unequipped hero can still give him a knuckle sandwich, blast him with magic, provide light, whatever.

Unfortunately for your hero though, even though he is just standing there, he can be cannon fodder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
charlesting wrote:

I am sure we could find some games with much worse rules to really mess with your head!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Third Base
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
charlesting wrote:

Welcome to world of game ownership, your soul is now forfeit. devil

Your questions have been fine.

Remember the only dumb question is the question you don't ask. (Not really there are lots of dumb questions.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.