Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Jigsaw
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet another online Go:

http://govsgo.r10.railsrumble.com/

Dan

PS - I am not affiliated with that site in any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing: that was done for a competition (Rails Rumble), built in 48 hours (or less), which is quite impressive. The competition has two judging stages: first a panel of expert judges choose the best (in their mind) apps, and then the voting passes to the public. This year, out of 300 teams, 187 (I think) delivered a complete application, and out of those, 24 were selected to go on to the public voting stage. GoVsGo was one of those 24, and if you like it, you can go and vote for it. Also, there are many other good apps there. The url for the Rails Rumble is: http://railsrumble.com/

I'm not affiliated with them either, in fact, my team didn't make it to the public voting round this year (but we were close, I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for a major bug blocking half the functionality of the site, we had a decent chance).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sisk
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful interface, well laid out! Only problem that i saw was that the captured white stones weren't removed from the board. The ones that gnugo captured were, but not the ones that I captured for some reason (though I did get credited for it). Still impressive considering the constraints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kandell
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="SiskNY"Only problem that i saw was that the captured white stones weren't removed from the board. The ones that gnugo captured were, but not the ones that I captured for some reason (though I did get credited for it). Still impressive considering the constraints.[/q]

I had the same problem: I was credited with the capture but since the computer's stones were not removed I could not place stones atop those space afterwards. This caused me to lose a corner. Oh well, computers can cheat too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I reported that bug to the creators. They are aware of the issue, however, according to the rules, they can't modify it until the judging period is over. In the meantime, refreshing the page after a capture should do the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.