Subject: Ordalie (?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof Budny
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found a game called Ordalie on the trictrac Essen gallery. Could you please tell us more about this one? It looks quite interesting - a game about fencing with (as I suppose) attack zones of the human (player) body.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this yesterday, its a two player game. It's not that hard to play either. Both players have a deck of cards 1-12, at the beginning of a round each player discards two cards. After this each player plays one card face down and then they reveal it together. The highest card wins (with 2 exceptions). And he hits his opponent. Then the player has to choose in secret which part of his opponents body he will hit. First he chooses from two cards (left and right) and then from three cards (head, torso, legs), giving him a place and a height to hit. His opponent may try to defend and also chooses these cards. Then they both reveal their cards. If they both played the same cards, nothing happens, if their is no card corresponding then the opponent gets full damage. When one card corresponds he gets 'half' damage. He puts this on his damage board (left side head, right side head, left side torso, right side torso, left leg, right leg), On each is a score track when the score track reaches the maximum the fight is lost. If no maximum damage is obtained a new round starts (a fight takes 3 rounds maximum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Budny
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And how was the gameplay? Sounds extremly simplistic. Was it fun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not bad, but at the moment we decided that 18 euro's was a bit to much for the game for us. I was cut down by my wife in one round, so that went rather quick. But our two friends that where playing next to us went the three full rounds.

The card picking isn't that big a deal, there is a great deal of luck involved. Altough you win with a 1 or 2 on an 11 and 12 you also have to put down the card at the right time. However what is important is where you hit someone and where you defend. I didn't notice this in time. You have 6 places where you can be hit, is the attacker going for an easy kill trying to hit you where you already got the most damage or does he goes for a tottaly new place? That is the hard part, it has a bit bluffing in it. I do want to play the game again some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.