United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I've been hooked on playing Halo Reach for the past month or so. It's a fun game, and it's taken me away from my miniatures for quite awhile. However, I've been inspired now and I have a few projects in mind. First off I was wondering if any miniature game existed that capture the feel of Halo games? By that I mean small scale skirmishes, probably around a dozen figures total. It's fast paced, tactical, and has emphasis on unique weapons and vehicles.

Now the closest off the top of my head is probably Warhammer 40k. Maybe not the big battles, but there are skirmish rules like Necromunda. It's not quite what I'm looking for though. Of course there is the actual Halo board game, but that's not the best representation that I'm looking for. I wouldn't be adverse to creating one myself, using 40k miniatures though. I just wanted to make sure something similar didn't already exist, so I don't waste my time. Haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So are you talking about the Wizkids Halo ActionClix or the Halo Interactive Strategy Game?

From what I understand, the Actionclix game sounds like exactly what you are looking for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Actually I've seen both, and neither is quite what I'm looking for. I think I might have to go out on a limb and make my own rules. It could be fun actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AT-43 Initiation Set: Operation Damocles maybe? It's got the sci-fi angle covered. Lots of squad level skirmishing going on. Various human and alien troop types, robots and vehicles too. It's even pre-painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Maybe Frag

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stargrunt II?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Halo Actionclix is actually really, really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Parsons
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infinity, there is no game that meets what you want better. http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity_ENG/

I'm pretty new to it, but I'll answer any questions you have to the best of my ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been looking into Infinity actually, and I really like it so far. I've found most of the rules for free off of their site, although it's hard to find certain bits of info. It doesn't seem organized well. XD Anyway I like the idea of figures being able to react during the opponents turn. My only question is if it allows large vehicles? Things like a 40k Rhino. The game is supposed to be played with very dense terrain, so I don't see vehicles being very useful if they can't maneuver around very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Warhammer 40K is fun, but as you say it uses large armies. My 'small' Ork army is around 80 models.

There is Star Wars Miniatures. It's a fun skirmish game with each side usually controlling 10-20 characters. Downside being it's expensive and now no longer produced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.