Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Favorite pasta sauce? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As I wait for my dinner to cook...

Poll
What's your favorite pasta sauce?
Marinara
Bolognese
Puttanesca
Alfredo
Vodka Cream
Clam
Pesto
Other (list below)
      57 answers
Poll created by JohnnyDollar
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Coors
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Carbonara.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrabbiata
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:
Arrabbiata


I had to look this one up. This sounds really good! I'll try to find some locally or whip some up myself...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You missed some options, in addition to the ones above.

Lemon butter
Tomato and meat
Chili

And my personal favorite:

All of the above
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
jearles wrote:
Arrabbiata


I had to look this one up. This sounds really good! I'll try to find some locally or whip some up myself...
My wife makes an amazing arrabbiata+bell pepper+hot sausage+penne dish. She made it up after having something similar in a restaurant, and we've returned to the restaurant since then, but her version is better!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One that my family enjoys (almost exclusively on Christmas Eve . . . hey, it's tradition) is a read sauce with stuffed calamari served over linguini.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
One that my family enjoys (almost exclusively on Christmas Eve . . . hey, it's tradition) is a read sauce with stuffed calamari served over linguini.


What is the calamari stuffed with? Not sure I've ever seen that, usually either I've had it fried or just as an ingredient. Usually in the form of little rings.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
joe_salamone wrote:
One that my family enjoys (almost exclusively on Christmas Eve . . . hey, it's tradition) is a read sauce with stuffed calamari served over linguini.


What is the calamari stuffed with? Not sure I've ever seen that, usually either I've had it fried or just as an ingredient. Usually in the form of little rings.


Breadcrumbs and I'm not sure what else. But it's damned good.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anchovy.............trust me, it's wonderful!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Anchovy.............trust me, it's wonderful!


Oooooooh . . . I must try this.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I gotta go with good ol' marinara; simple and oh, so delicious!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aglio_e_Olio
another one with thyme, citron juice. olive oil and Grana Padano
or salmon http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,161,138176-250193,00.html

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor clam sauce, gettin' no love, 0 votes out of nearly 50!... I do like a nice white wine clam sauce w/linguine now and then..
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry I can;t get a bolognese at home. I don't know how to make it and they don't can or bottle the stuff.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually take mine with ol' reliable marinara, but I'm always up for Fettucini Alfredo. My wife can always get me up for a good Pesto, too.

But my favorite way to have pasta ... and I thank my mother for this, as this got hardwired into me at a very young age ... is to mix spaghetti with cottage cheese.

Yes, cottage cheese. 4%.

It's an acquired taste, and I refuse to let go.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends on what type of pasta.

Spaghetti - good old bog sauce is perfect
Penne or Rigatoni - a napoli or matricianna
Tagliatelli - something with avocado
Gnocchi - usually something creamy and or cheesy, a gorgonzola or four cheese sauce
etc...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
I'm sorry I can;t get a bolognese at home. I don't know how to make it and they don't can or bottle the stuff.


Start off with minced meat, brown it. Add stuff.

Mandatory stuff - tomato paste, or tomatoes and reduce.

Heaps of optional stuff. Onions, etc. whatever takes your fancy or is available.

Edit: actually if you were "adding onions" technically you would start with the onions, but I digress...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Anchovy.............trust me, it's wonderful!
Seagoing olives gulp Plus my wife is allergic to seafood
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
Avatar
mbmb
Avocado ftw! mb
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
I'm sorry I can;t get a bolognese at home. I don't know how to make it and they don't can or bottle the stuff.


Start off with minced meat, brown it. Add stuff.

Mandatory stuff - tomato paste, or tomatoes and reduce.

Heaps of optional stuff. Onions, etc. whatever takes your fancy or is available.

Edit: actually if you were "adding onions" technically you would start with the onions, but I digress...


other mandatory stuff: carrots, not to much, adds a bit of sweetness;
also oregano & thyme. From my pov onions are also mandatory.
And take your time, bolognese does need some time to simmer
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
Anchovy.............trust me, it's wonderful!
Seagoing olives gulp Plus my wife is allergic to seafood


The strong flavor is offset by cream (or milk), tomatoes, and fresh garlic and onions. Believe me, it is wonderful!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. No wrote:
Karlsen wrote:
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
I'm sorry I can;t get a bolognese at home. I don't know how to make it and they don't can or bottle the stuff.


Start off with minced meat, brown it. Add stuff.

Mandatory stuff - tomato paste, or tomatoes and reduce.

Heaps of optional stuff. Onions, etc. whatever takes your fancy or is available.

Edit: actually if you were "adding onions" technically you would start with the onions, but I digress...


other mandatory stuff: carrots, not to much, adds a bit of sweetness;
also oregano & thyme. From my pov onions are also mandatory.
And take your time, bolognese does need some time to simmer

Couldn't agree more!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Karlsen wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
Anchovy.............trust me, it's wonderful!
Seagoing olives gulp Plus my wife is allergic to seafood


The strong flavor is offset by cream (or milk), tomatoes, and fresh garlic and onions. Believe me, it is wonderful!

Anchovies = Little bits of salt covered in fish oil. Sorry but other that as a fractional component in Worcestershire Sauce you will never convince me kiss
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.