Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrik Strömer
Sweden
Lidingo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this for the first time yesterday and the deck of cards ran out. During the last rounds it became obvious that you got two potential Kingmakers around the table in this 4 player game.
Nobody noticed this before? Or were we just playing too much "on chance". (I bordered a large domain with only one knight, as I I guessed I would be better of anyway even wit a few losses in the last rounds)

/Strömer, from Sweden

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Kingmaker when the deck runs out
Bergbau (#449624),

Yes, there is certainly the potential for some kingmaking in the endgame if the deck runs out. However, I really don't see it as a problem. As you point out, protecting your domaines with knights or alliances is essential. If you treat your domaines like balloons, just expanding without adding defense, don't be surprised if someone pops one.

Furthermore, if you grew your kingdom by picking on opponents when they were in a significantly weaker position, they have every right to return the favor once they are able.

Considering this is a game about asserting one's right to be king, a little kingmaking is not a bad thing, in my opinion, and adds a mild political angle when deciding whether to expand into unclaimed territory or an opponent's domaine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.