Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ares Cards

Attack 2 cities 1 after another.

i took this to mean instead of dicarding the extra men the attack can roll on to the next city.

I.e i attack with 5 men i win the 1st city so i then have 4 men left to attack the next city

Also since the wording on the ares card attack with one extra greek mean attack or defend
can the same be said about blue card ships are considered defenders? im guessing not as there is a similar red card ships are attackers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:New questions attack 2 cities
Milarky (#449625),
I think so. The squiggle means attacker OR defender gets an extra soldier.
No. After EACH attack reduce to 3 ships and soldiers.
Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davedanger (#451000),
but card say immideiatly, to me its a toss up between is it to powerfull one way ro not powerfull enougth the other

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to use the same GROUP of soldiers for the second attack. So, you can set up two attacks on the previous turn, then play the card AFTER your first attack succeeds (you can play a card or cards at any point during your turn unless the cards specify otherwise), using a different group to attack a different location. So you are not weakened by the first attack unless you opt to use the same group for the second.

I know a lot of people have problems with card timing and ambiguities (and I was among them at one time) but I've found that a careful examination of the rules and card text resolves most all issues in the most logical way possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpret the card this way:

1. I can play it after finishing one attack, to start another attack. I don't need to play it before the first attack.
2. The two attacks are handled completely seperately. After the first attack, I may regroup. The second attack can be made from anywhere, including somewhere other than where I initiated or captured in the first attack.
3. After the second attack, I cannot use a similar card again to make a third attack. (This is due to card text: "attack 2 cities".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.