Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The card text of Aragorn, Guide and Protector is:

"Ranger. Each time a Free Peoples skirmish event is played, you may exert Aragorn to wound a minion he is skirmishing."

My question is: can I play a Free People event on another companion during a skirmish involving Aragorn just to use his ability?

Example: I'm resolving the Aragorn skirmish; can I play a Mysterious Wizard [Spell. Skirmish: Make Gandalf strength +2 (or +4 if there are 4 or fewer burdens on the Ring-bearer).] on Gandalf to use the Aragorn ability also if it is not the Gandalf's skirmish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilson
United Kingdom
Falkirk
Stirlingshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's exactly how it works.

In fact, i Think that since Mysterious Wizard does not require you to actually spot gandalf, you could use the same idea even after Gandalf has died.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
johngw wrote:
since Mysterious Wizard does not require you to actually spot gandalf, you could use the same idea even after Gandalf has died.

Ah, that's interesting! I was sure it was not possible to play an event in that way. Thank you for the precius informations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep. As long as you add the twilight and have met any spotting requirements you can play it.

Even if neither Aragorn, GaP or Gandalf were on the table you and you were in the Skirmish phase you could still add 2 twilight and play Mysterious Wizard for no effect, since it has no spotting requirement. This is helpful way to cycle sometimes as you can get rid of that card useless card in your hand, and still discard another card at the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.