Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do the martians that move with the martian champion have to start in his space or can he pick them up as he moves? In other words, can a pack move closer to him and then he moves one space in with them and moves the whole pack another space? Or do they have to start in his space?

We had a slight argument about walls in one game dealing with L shaped rooms.

The rooms were shaped likethis:....X.......X... Sorry about the dots,
I couldn't figure out how to make...XX.....XXX
the X's stop moving back.

In between the top X and the one diagonally under it there is a slight protrusion of a wall into both spaces. Look at the fortune teller and the concession stand to see what I am talking about.

I maintained that the wall doesn't actually extend into the space, it is just a thicker line representing a wall, hense I could shoot diagonally. (We were inside the building.) My son claimed that it does intrude in between them and therefore I shouldn't be able to shoot. I took the shot any way, it's my game and I was losing bad enough anyway.

An official ruling would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I remember the rules stating that the Martian leader can pick up a pack mid-move.

Have you looked at the examples for Line Of Sight in the rulebook?

I'll try to remember looking this up when I get home.

PS:
the way to make sure the X'es line up is to post them as code.

[c_]
X
XXX[/c_]

Write it like this - just remove the "_" symbols

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Do the martians that move with the martian champion have to start in his space or can he pick them up as he moves? In other words, can a pack move closer to him and then he moves one space in with them and moves the whole pack another space? Or do they have to start in his space?
In this example, this is not really an issue, since you can move the leader 2 spaces, then move the pack one move into his space.

The walls you described do no protude into the space to prevent LOS.

Now these are certainly not official answers, but I am pretty sure I am right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:
Quote:
In this example, this is not really an issue, since you can move the leader 2 spaces, then move the pack one move into his space.

The walls you described do no protude into the space to prevent LOS.

Now these are certainly not official answers, but I am pretty sure I am right.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:

It is an issue because if the leader is 2 spaces away from a pack and wants to stay in his space but have a pack with him for shooting, if he moves to the pack he has used all his moves and now can't shoot. But if the pack moves one space toward him and then he moves in, grabs the pack and moves back to his starting space he's all set for shooting and with a full pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Aubert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
From page 23 of the rulebook :
Any martian pack in his space may move along with him instead of their normal movement.

So, for me, if the pack as already moved, it shouldn't be able to move again with the leader.
Not an official answer, but this is how i understand the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Kernel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As it states "instead" you have to choose.

Cheerio,
A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j0hnn ksai
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blutch75 wrote:
From page 23 of the rulebook :
Any martian pack in his space may move along with him instead of their normal movement.

So, for me, if the pack as already moved, it shouldn't be able to move again with the leader.
Not an official answer, but this is how i understand the rules.

Agreed... would rule as that too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help and I agree with your assesments for martian movement. Any ideas on on my line of sight issues?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
Thanks for the help and I agree with your assesments for martian movement. Any ideas on on my line of sight issues?

Have a look at page 15.
On the bottom right of the page is a diagram showing a hero standing next to a corner. The same rules would count on the inside of a building.

In other words.

X
XXX

The X'es are squares inside the building.
A Hero standing on the dark red X IS able to hit a martian standing on the dark blue X.

A Hero standing on the dark blue X is NOT able to hit a martian on the green X.

A Hero standing on the black X is able to hit all the other Xes inside this imaginary building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.