Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
The mid term election is close at hand… and it looks like it’s going to be a bad year for the D’s. Those on the right love to cite their clairvoyance about Obama as proof of their political savvy (or loose affiliation with witchcraft). Why don’t us leftists make your own predictions (about the soon to be birthed R majority) in an easily bookmarkable tread (for future reference and gloating of course)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure to wipe after your "movement".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an idea. As a nation, let's continue to elect losers to replace the losers that we're fed up with, over, and over, and over, and over again and never ever realize that both parties are full of selfish, greedy, short sighted, narcissistic, power hungry, losers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Don't blame me, I voted for Hilary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
Here's an idea. As a nation, let's continue to elect losers to replace the losers that we're fed up with, over, and over, and over, and over again and never ever realize that both parties are full of selfish, greedy, short sighted, narcissistic, power hungry, losers.

That will never catch on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
I predict the Republicans will take credit for any recovery from Obama's policies and blame Obama for any problems as a result of their own policies.

I also predict that most TP candidates will quickly start toeing the GOP party line after a couple of weeks of vocal platitudes to the contrary. The GOP will give us more of the same that got us into this mess and just might blame the TP when they fail again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, really, if the Tea Party wanted to be taken seriously that they want a peaceful revolution and change business as usual, they should not have stayed with the GOP. They should have built themselves up as a separate 3rd party, not beholden to the GOP. Now they just come off as a fake grass roots upswell of people being controlled by GOP plants and money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
BFoy wrote:
Don't blame me, I voted for Hilary.

I still blame you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

I agree. Lets all wake up at the same time and vote in a politician that is not any of those things.

Wait? Do they come in that variety?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an easy 4-way chart. 4 possible outcomes by 2013:

1) Democratic President, Democratic Congress
a) Democrats: Bush's fault.
b) Republicans: Current administration's fault

2) Democratic President, Republican Congress
a) Democrats: Congress' fault.
b) Republicans: President's fault.

3) Republican President, Democratic Congress
a) Democrats: President's fault
b) Republicans: Congress' fault

4) Republican President, Republican Congress
a) Democrats: Current administration's fault
b) Republicans: Obama's fault
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:

I agree. Lets all wake up at the same time and vote in a politician that is not any of those things.

Wait? Do they come in that variety?

They do, but they never get elected to state or national offices for one of two reasons.

1) Nobody wants to hear the truth.
2) They are destroyed by their political enemies because they aren't willing to stoop down to that level OR they become their political enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

2) They are destroyed by their political enemies because they aren't willing to stoop down to that level OR they become their political enemies.

OK, here's my plan. Let's vote that guy in, cause he sounds awesome.

So now all we need to to find 534 more just like him. No problem. Break!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

They do, but they never get elected to state or national offices for one of two reasons.

Oh here is another question. Have we defined what is "correct" as a template for this super politician? I think we need to agree to a template.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:

Oh here is another question. Have we defined what is "correct" as a template for this super politician? I think we need to agree to a template.

Who said super? I'd settle for honest, competent, and having integrity. There are millions of people like this in the US. It's not like they're hard to find. It's just that they can't get elected to national office.

You can't fix most of our problems without pain. You can't be honest about the best solutions for many of our problems without being honest about the pain. You can't be honest about the pain and get elected. We only elect people who tell is it's all going to be alright, without raising taxes and without cutting any programs. It also helps if they provide a scape goat for why it's not currently alright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

You can't fix most of our problems without pain. You can't be honest about the best solutions for many of our problems without being honest about the pain. You can't be honest about the pain and get elected. We only elect people who tell is it's all going to be alright, without raising taxes and without cutting any programs. It also helps if they provide a scape goat for why it's not currently alright.

Agreed, but we can at least agree on a list of honest solutions right? We can all agree on a list of things that would be best for America. It sounds like that at least can be identified. Because if a politician has that list of what is best for us, then we should all agree that it is, right? If there are millions of people like this, then it shouldn't be hard to identify a "good" solution. So lets hear it. What is best for America right now? How much more taxes will be required and what program will have to be cut, to "make it right"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
quozl wrote:
Be sure to wipe after your "movement".

Oh heck I screwed the pooch worse than that. It's a play on Becks 9-12 "thingy" (I thought it was movement who knows?) AND if the word play was worth half a donkey fart it should has been the 11-3 "thingy".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Christine O’Donnell will be named Chairperson of the Senate Wicca and Means Committee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
I predict that the fractured bare minimun R majority will try to push the president around. Talk big, do nothing (major) and blame it on O in hope of winning in 2012. (Most likely the american people will see them for the narrow adgendist that they are and boot them back out in 2012.) The Tea Partiers will try to move off the back benches and make noise. The powers that be tell them to be quiet and do what the $$ backers wanted them to do all along, which was, grease the skids on the top 5%ers sleds so they can slide through the 2nd great depression (2011-2018) lighting cigars with $100 bills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:

Agreed, but we can at least agree on a list of honest solutions right? We can all agree on a list of things that would be best for America. It sounds like that at least can be identified. Because if a politician has that list of what is best for us, then we should all agree that it is, right? If there are millions of people like this, then it shouldn't be hard to identify a "good" solution. So lets hear it. What is best for America right now? How much more taxes will be required and what program will have to be cut, to "make it right"?

Could you please just say your point instead of this passive aggressive stuff? Is it that you think the average politician is simply a really outstanding person that's just tragically misunderstood, or that you think it's impossible to handle problems of this complexity without turning into a lying, manipulative douchebag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlad Taltos
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

My edit: "As a nation, we're full of selfish, greedy, short sighted, narcissistic, power hungry, losers"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Golly wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:

My edit: "As a nation, we're full of selfish, greedy, short sighted, narcissistic, power hungry, losers"

Touche.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.