Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: asljr_rsp [+] [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a prisoner benefit from the guard's leadership modifier when taking a morale check?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I can't find any rule that addresses this question.

A10.7 specifies that a leadership modifier affects the performance of other Personnel in the leader's location without actually excluding enemy Personnel or prisoners (and prisoners are Personnel as defined in ASL).

But, my guess is that the answer to your question is "No":

Prisoners never suffer a LLTC/LLMC if a leader is broken/eliminated in their location (A20.54). My thinking is, if they are exempt from the potential penalty of the leadership modifier (LLTC/LLMC), then they should also be exempt from the benefits of the leadership modifier as well.

It's also unclear how you would even apply a leadership modifier to a prisoner. Leadership is reduced in effectiveness for Allied troops of a different nationality (A10.7), so would leadership also be reduced for prisoners, who are definitely a different nationality?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kreuzer
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
I'd say no but have nothing to back that up with, & IIRC applying a leader's modifier isn't optional, so it's an excellent question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
richfam wrote:
Leadership is reduced in effectiveness for Allied troops of a different nationality (A10.7), so would leadership also be reduced for prisoners, who are definitely a different nationality?
Well, a prisonder is hardly an "Ally" of his guardian, would I say.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am suspecting the answer would be no as well. Thanks for the well thought out replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLNoob wrote:
A10.7 says that a leader may use his leadership rating to affect the performance of other personnel in his location. And the index defines personnel as all SMC and MMC counters.
You are right - and there is no specification about the fact that the personal is friendly or enemy.
However, this seems to be loophole in the rules, as one could also argue that a leader in CC could influence enemy personnel in his Location...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
Does a prisoner benefit from the guard's leadership modifier when taking a morale check?

I'd say 'No'. Prisoners are not considered MMC's [1.12], possibly, as they are not listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markgravitygood wrote:
drmark64 wrote:

I'd say 'No'. Prisoners are not considered MMC's [1.12], possibly, as they are not listed.

I would definitely say they are MMC.[A1.12]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLNoob wrote:
The prisoners get the leader's movement rate. So why wouldn't they get the leaders morale boost? After all the leader would be in charge of the prisoners. If they get shot at he would be the one yelling and waving "over here" and "get down, you fools!"
They don't get the leader movement bonus : they simply move at the speed of their captors.
The second part of your argument is a "realism" one, which cannot be invoked in a rules debate (btw I doubt that a Russian, Japanese or Waffen-SS leader would be that much concerned about the fate of his prisonners).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.