Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the regular rarity of newer sets,

White = common
Green = uncommon
Silver = Rare
Gold = super rare

But my girlfriend pulled a purple figure from a newer booster and I can't figure out what rarity it is. Some places call it super rare, but that doesn't seem right, and I'm not sure if LEs still exist or if that was just for older sets, and I keep seeing something called Chase figures but I really don't know if thats a rarity or something. I am mainly asking for organizational purposes, we like to document the figures so I like to document the rarity and stuff and info would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What figure is it?

The beset place to catalog your collection is hcrealms.com. The units database there is pretty great, and it can tell you the rarity of the figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I'll check it out then, I haven't ventured much past the message boards there, still too timid to post. The figure is Spider Hulk from Web of Spiderman.

EDIT: And mystery solved, it IS a Super Rare. Now that just begs the question what purple really means...

Double EDIT: Looks like we just misread the card, it actually IS a gold figure. Guess purple is just Chase, or LE, whatever its called now. Not sure how we confused purple and gold, someone *nudge* mygirlfriend *nudge* must have jumped the gun a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, Spider-hulk is supposed to be pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple rarity are promos given away for free at cons or events like Free Comic Book day. I don't know about now, but in the past these figures were not legal for "official" tourneys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grimbergen wrote:
Purple rarity are promos given away for free at cons or events like Free Comic Book day. I don't know about now, but in the past these figures were not legal for "official" tourneys.

Thanks very much! Thats what I needed to know about that, I had yet to see a purple rarity guy in a booster. I had told my girlfriend that purple was a rarity and she thought she saw it, but I guess I just saw it from other players collections.

How is a figure determined to be a chase rare, I know it normally means its highly sought after in other collectible games, but from what I'm reading it seems like their is a set distribution for these types and rather than being just a sought after piece, they are known to be "chase" for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Spider-hulk and 3 other Spidey figures were originally going to be chases, but they changed their minds before it was released. They didn't change it on the cards, so that's why the cards are wrong.

The chases previously were 1 in approximately 40 boosters, so that's why they're usually worth so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so its a much more defined description in Heroclix than other games, I'm used to an abstract form where its just whatever card/mini is popular, not a physical distribution ratio. At least its a known quantity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the Cosmic Spider-man is just as rare as the other Super Rare's in Web of Spider-man, but it goes for $50, where the next highest is around $30. So there's still the popular factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think chase figures have an official rarity of their own. What I mean is, they seem to use other types of rarities - isnt' it usually the bronze/LE prize rarity (except for in the Web of Spiderman not-so chases)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chase is a rarity. There's also Promo/LE figures also. Plus, the Buy it by the Brick figures.

It looks like the next 2 sets are doing different things with regards to rarity. I don't know what it is exactly, but there's a rumor that there will be a semi-chase figure in each brick for the next set (75th Anniversary - DC.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SVan wrote:
Chase is a rarity. There's also Promo/LE figures also. Plus, the Buy it by the Brick figures.

It looks like the next 2 sets are doing different things with regards to rarity. I don't know what it is exactly, but there's a rumor that there will be a semi-chase figure in each brick for the next set (75th Anniversary - DC.)

Yeah, from everything I am reading you are guaranteed a White Lantern in every brick of DC 75th, which I think is cool, some people seem to like hyper rarities or being rewarded for buying a huge bulk, but I'm definitely not in that camp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.