BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Large game board 28 by 28 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Z.
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello all, this is my first post in awhile.

I have created a game, but the game board is 28 inches by 28 inches. I have already reduced the size considerably - it was even larger. I am looking for ways to produce this game. I could possibly shrink it to 24 inches by 24 inches, but I'd rather not.

Are there any print on demand companies who can make a board like this?

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tulathis Mir
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you thought about splitting up your game board into more manageable sizes? Splitting it into halves or even thirds could make it more easily printable, as well as making it fit more easily into a box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tulathis wrote:
Have you thought about splitting up your game board into more manageable sizes? Splitting it into halves or even thirds could make it more easily printable, as well as making it fit more easily into a box.

Depending on what the game is about, you could use this approach and also create a way to vary the board (two-sided boards that can fit together in different orientations).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at some of the folding board sizes of larger games and try to get it into one of those formats. Check War of the Ring and Railroad Tycoon for starters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Z.
United States
California
flag msg tools
KnobDoctor wrote:
Tulathis wrote:

Depending on what the game is about, you could use this approach and also create a way to vary the board (two-sided boards that can fit together in different orientations).

Yes, I will probably have to have the board printed in pieces. I was thinking that a quad fold one piece board would look more professional, though. Thanks for your responses everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.