Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings. Just wanted to let you know about my game blog, called Boards and Bees. Cheesy title aside, it's a blog where I look at games that I'm excited about. It's not a place for reviews, just a chance for me to explore some new titles. I may try to do a review or two if I ever get to play the games, but for now, it's all about the buzz. So far, I've talked about 7 Wonders, 51st State, Alien Frontiers, Wok Star, Hive: The Mosquito, Lords of Vegas, Travel Blog, Space Alert: The New Frontier, Mord im Arosa, and Antics. If you're interested, take a look. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that we're a couple of weeks post-Essen, I have five new posts up on Boards and Bees: Dominant Species, Gosu, Eminent Domain, Survive! Escape from Atlantis, and Genesis. These are all games that I haven't played but am interested to try out at some point. If you're interested, take a look. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Five more posts are up: The Phantom League, K2, Troyes, Dominion: Prosperity, and Crows. All five look pretty cool, though I have definitely cooled on The Phantom League after trying to go through the rulebook. Have a look if you're interested. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Five more posts: Summoner Wars, Cosmic Conflict, London, Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game, and my personal wishlist for the holiday season. Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Continuing to update after five posts. This cycle, I looked at The Resistance, Yggdrasil, and Olympus. I also added a review of Lords of Vegas and my "new to me" list for 2010. Happy new year to you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
For this cycle of five posts, I talked about Puzzle Strike, Confusion, Catacombs, and the Alvin & Dexter expansion for Ticket to Ride. I also talked a little about a game for restaurants that I'm trying out called The Sugar Game. Thanks for checking it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just posted #40...does that mean I'm over the hill now? Games covered since the last update are The Great Fire of London 1666, JAB: Realtime Boxing, King of Tokyo, Cargo Noir, and Ninjato. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Five more posts have gone up on the blog in the last month. I talked about Nightfall, Mansions of Madness, Letters from Whitechapel, and Mondo, as well as the early stages of a game idea called What Am I Thinking. Hope you enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted number 50 this morning. The last five have were reviews of Survive: Escape from Atlantis and Oh Gnome You Don't!, as well as previews of Trollhalla, The Heavens of Olympus, and the new Dominion expansions. Drop on by and have a look, wontcha?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Five more new and upcoming games - Airlines Europe, Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, Montage, BITS, and The Castles of Burgundy. Some real variety there. Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Five more posts, including three relatively new and upcoming games (Olympos, Artus, and Dungeon Run), a review (Wok Star), and I start sifting through the SDJ nominees by taking a look at Asara. Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wrapped up my series looking at the Spiel and Kennerspiel des Jahres nominations. So, here are the links to a review of Forbidden Island; overviews of Qwirkle, Lancaster, and Strasbourg; and my predictions. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Five new posts are up: previews of Dominion Cornucopia, Small World Underground, The Ares Project, and Quarriors, as well as a review of Crows. Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
With GenCon around the corner, five more posts: Belfort, Urban Sprawl, Rune Age, Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan, and The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus. Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Five more posts: four new game overviews (Epigo, Fortune & Glory: The Cliffhanger Game, Elder Sign, Flash Point: Fire Rescue) and one review (Ticket to Ride: Alvin & Dexter). Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
And we're back with four game previews (Discworld: Ankh-Morpork, Blood Bowl: Team Manager, Drum Roll, and Core Worlds) and a review (Epigo). Take a look...thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Five more posts up: a review of the Dice Town Extension, plus overviews of the upcoming Panic Station, Sunrise City, Kingdom Builder, and Poseidon's Kingdom. Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Up since my last update: overviews of upcoming Essen games 011, Alba Longa, Mage Knight, and Space Maze, as well as a retrospective marking the first year I've been doing this blog. Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in time for Essen, my most recent five posts: Nefarious, Pictomania, Alcatraz: The Scapegoat, Last Will, and (post #100) Dungeon Petz. Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
We keep rolling along in the post-Essen weeks with five more posts - Dominion: Hinterlands, Tournay, Eclipse, Undermining, and Stalag 17. Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Back with more. Four overviews - Revolver, Trajan, Friday, and Vanuatu - and the first in my ABCs of gaming series (Agricola). Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last set: a continuance of the ABCs of Gaming with Battlestar Galactica, coverage of three Kickstarter games (Mutant Meeples, Kings of Air and Steam, and D-Day Dice), and a review of Urban Sprawl. Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolling into the holidays, we have five more posts: overviews of Risk Legacy and 1st & Goal; a review of Belfort; and a continuation of the ABCs series with C (Carcassonne) and D (Dominion). Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe babbitt
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jesse,

New game bloggers unite! If you show me yours, I'll show you mine

Mine is "Pretty Sneaky Sis" and can be found at

http://clevergamereference.wordpress.com.

I look forward to checking yours out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Five new posts are up:

1 A late preview of A Few Acres of Snow
2 Continuing the ABCs of Gaming with E is for Endeavor
3 My New to Me list for 2011
4 Things I'm looking forward to in 2012
5 A showdown between Glory to Rome and Innovation

Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.