Subject: Montreal Board Gamer's Group rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephane Campeau
Canada
Kirkland
Quebec
flag msg tools
Re: Montreal Board Gamer Group -Members Wanted !
Hey there,

Its great to know there are more boardgame geeks in montreal.
I myself am a member of the Concordia University gaming club, we meet almost every week to play boardgames, sometimes more than once a week. There are 4 or 5 of us regulars who are mainly into boardgames, euros(mostly peurto rico, T&E etc.) and more american fare like risk 2210, shogun, axis and aliies etc.The club is open to everybody, students and non students alike. We also host various events during the year, such as settlers tournaments and risk nights. In fact we are having a risk night (we play euros on these nights too) the thursday before the easter long weekend, on the second floor of the Hall bulding, the big ugly concrete cube on de Maisonneuve and MacKay. I don't have the club contact information available at the moment, but i will post it later.

You didn't mention in your post when during the week you meet, i myself work weekends so that presents gaming problems most of the time, except for the evenings when im free. But id be very interested in joing your group, more is always merrier, and I invite you to join our group for a game or two sometime.
Feel free to contact me anytime your need a gamer.

Look forward to gaming with you sometime.

Stephane Campeau
Montreal, Qc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom vansteenkiste
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi Jason,

I'm a belgian guy who is now staying in montreal for several months.
Me and my girlfriend (who is studying here) really enjoy playing boardgames.
So we're really enthousiastic to play boardgames here with new people.
We're familiar with the Euro/German games like Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne,
Machiavelli, Bohnanza, The Great Dalmutti,...
I've only played Puerto Rico once but I liked it a lot.

I hope we can join you sometime to play some games...

Greetings,
tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guenette
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi !!!

I play mostly wargames, but I do have my euro moments. Lately we've played Manifest Destiny, 7 Ages, Napoleonic Wars, Mighty Endeavour. We're always looking for players to join. Close to be on the table is the newest Empire of the Sun (GMT), Gran Illusion (GMT), Europe Engulfed (GMT), Fifth Avenue that I haven't played yet..

How do you guys join up to play. I play mostly at nite weekdays, but do have the occasional day off on weekends.

Let me know when you play together, we never know.

I'm working on a possible Convention for Fall 2006 (Fin septembre/debut octobre 2006). Wargamers, Eurogamers. I do have some contacts, wargame wise in the US... Any ideas ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gagné
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this group still alive and playing? (in a still alcohol and smoke free environment)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Boisselle
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Within the realm of color, the shadows often assume responsibility for the awkward shine of yellow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope so...

There's not alot of places and people to play with....

Anyone still interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, you better believe it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.