Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the quickbar, when I use on of my links from there it takes me to page three of that thread which is now up to page six.

I don't have anything special in the address, but I think most of my others take me to the last page of the thread (or that could be my subscritions I guess).

Is this normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, you can address the thread (this is http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/577237/quickbar-question ), which takes you to the first item in a thread; or you can address an individual message (yours is http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/5699880#5699880 -- Copy Link Location from the Posted line). Someone may chime in with a way to get to the end.

But, why not just subscribe to the thread? Go to the top of the page and click on subscribe and you'll get notified at any addition to the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
But, why not just subscribe to the thread? Go to the top of the page and click on subscribe and you'll get notified at any addition to the thread.
With this thread, sometimes I want to add something new, not just respond to what is already there - which is why I have it in my quickbar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. There was some talk a while ago about letting only subscribers go back into their subscriptions for old items. I don't know if this was implemented.

Another option is to change back to email subscription notifications and not delete the last notice of that thread.

Another is to geekbuddy yourself and use http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/browse/geekbuddy to look back to your last post in the thread--really only viable if you add to the thread frequently.

You can use a thread bookmark--a capability I had forgotten about. (Now I have a few threads to look through to see why I bookmarked them.) This only gets you to the top of the last page, but an End gets you to the bottom.

You could also convert it to a GL, and make it a favorite (=GL bookmark).

If it comes down to manually re-saving the link, you might find using browser links more convenient to edit than the Quickbar. In Firefox, you can just drag and drop the new link next to the old link and immediately delete the old link, without reopening the bookmark folder it's in. (I have a link to BGG in my bookmarks toolbar followed by a folder for miscellaneous bookmarks related to BGG. With the labels on these suppressed, these only take about 40 pixels together on the toolbar, a BGG favicon followed by a folder icon.) You could also (to use Firefox procedures as an example) hit the bookmark star after each new trip to the thread, and record the bookmark in Bookmarks/Recent.

So, there's no way to get exactly what you want, but there are a boatload of ways to get close. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, when I have a few hours to spare I'll try all these options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.