Popular Tags: [View All]
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Boadilla del Monte
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

This article is for those like me that thought boardgames were just wargames where the die roll was for shoting and kill something or pieces and counters were Soldiers, Tanks, Helis and Grenades (I love the grenades effects when scatter around the target ).

The other day a friend from the gaming group brought a game called EVO (Eurogames). All of us were surprised for the cover. Even more we became surprised when he started to teach the rules: "You are responsible for a race of Dinos 400.000 years ago....bla,bla". Come on we wanted blood, Aliens, grenades,... Why we need those Skins, Umbrellas, Gens,etc...?

After the first turn everything came up clear and fun. There were some Dinos around the map trying to locate for the best place regarding the clima. And the best was the aspect of my race with attachments along its back.

Well after this first game I began to search here in BGG for similar games and now instead of buying only wargames I began to diversify and bought some of those Eurogames: Lost Valley, Valley of Mammoth and Evo. Despite this discover I've just bought also Air Cav and MBT (Well I need sometimes Hardcore Fire!).

Well I hope this little article helps others to discover another type of boargames not more or less fun but different fun and different ways to do strategies and to beat others.

Thanks to my friend to discover those hidden treasures to us.

Crusher100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Crusher, Welcome to the hobby! Enjoy the ride.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Leveille
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... and kiss your paychecks goodbye ...

kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paychecks and available wall space for shelves, too. If you're married, you'd better start helping more around the house to keep the lady in a good humor when she finds "You've brought home ANOTHER one? TWO?!"blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ennever
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
LMAO, that's where I'm at right now! We haven't played most of the games I've nought more than once, and still I've got another being delivered today! What is is this illness, still at least I won't be drafted should there be another war.... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.