Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a couple of Haba games in Essen. Not only are they great gifts there just so nice to have as an adult. So one that I picked up was Cheese Snatching.

What do you get?

Well first of, the mice that want to get the cheese live in a house, you get five lovely illustrated, hard cardboard room tiles showing the bathroom, a bedroom, a childrens room, a living space and a kitchen. These are all very attractive and you lay them out in a circle. Now on each room you put 6 cheese cards, these show a number of cheeses on them, they range from 1 to 3 delicious pieces of cheese.

image by: Toynan

Now we take our little blue woooden mice and place this on top of one of the cheese piles, but where there are mice there is also a cat. You put this one on another room.

image by: Toynan

There are two kind of dices, a bleu mice dice showing 1 to 4 mice and an orange cat dice showing 0 to 2 cats. Pick a starting player and you can start to roll.

What is the aim of the game?

Well to get the most cheese. Each player at his turn plays the mice, that runs through the house in search of some cheese. You roll both of the dice and move the mouse and the cat that much rooms forward as their die tells you to.

If the mice isn't in the same room as the cat he gets the top of the cheese cards and the player puts it in front of him. The player gets another turn or can quite and take the card he already collected safely to his own stash.

However if the cat and the mice land on the same room, the player looses his turn and looses all the cheese that he already collected but didn't put away safely by quiting. The cheese that is lost this way is discarded from the game.

The game ends when there isn't any cheese left in three rooms. The player with the most cheese wins the game.

Conclusion

Cheese snatching is again a fun little game from Haba. It has really nice pieces that will certainly attract children to play it. It's easy and it has a good luck factor.

I like these kind of dice rolling and risk taking games. It's a children's version of can't stop or zombie dice. This will get on the table many more times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.