Tobias Abrahamsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been tinkering with a variant where the Black Goat of the woods is the herald, but offers dark pacts in a similar fashion to the Lurker. Investigators can get pacts if they join the cult of a thousand young.

Variant: if an investigator takes a dark pact at the beginning of the turn he/she also gets a cult membership, and a corruption. If he/she already has a cult membership, the investigator just gets a corruption. Investigators can only use their dark pacts as long as they have a cult membership (not sure if you can actually lose cult membership, but nevertheless.)

If an investigator wants to use "rites of Magick" to cast a spell, he/she takes a dark pact, cult membership (if the investigator doesn't have one) and a corruption -which automatically triggers.

In short, corruption replaces reckoning.

Thoughts? Has anyone tried this or something similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I am certainly going to pitch this to my group.

I like the Corruption cards in theory, but haven't seen enough of how they work in practice to know wether or not they would be enough of a detriment to replace the Reckoning cards... maybe use them both?

It sounds like a good way to get the Corruption cards into actual play for a change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Grutz
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the relationship cards being added (which is like an added skill) I've decided to just start everyone off with a corruption also. So every investigator now starts the game with a skill, relationship, personal story, and one corruption.

I haven't tried anything with the cult membership and Lurker yet. I toyed with the idea of having investigators draw corruption any time they used power, but I found that it wasn't a worthy trade off. I'll take the corruption anytime in order to gain 4+ power. It didn't solve anything for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.