Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had played this game exactly one time before at the Stratigicon in Los Angeles. We had played with the full 6 person group who we met at the con. While I had fun, I believed this game would go over well in a tight knit game group.

I had won the game at one of the great auctions here on BGG. It had came on Thursday just a few days before out regular Saturday game night. I could not wait to break this out and give it a try.

I quickly went over the rules and explained the finer points of screwing over people with cards and what each card did, but the left the negotiation part up to each participant. We had 5 people, so there would be one main character left in the middle for us to use.

The first turn was very tepid, I think only 1 deal was made by the time it came around to my turn. I had a pretty crappy starting hand or so I thought. I consisted of a bunch of recruitment cards. I had enough to take a main character off the bat. To try and stay likable I took the player not used since we only had five.

We went around the board one more time and with my two deal makers I was able to get shares in most of the pots. Everybody was playing for the most part nicely. Sure, the were sending people on trips and jockeying for position to be in a deal, but for the most part nobody ever asked for more than 1 share to be in a deal. So, 3 or 4 people got to be in most deals... everybody was making money.

Eventually I was able to steal 4 main character cards and although there were threats of "an accident" on the way home I was in a great bargaining position. While most people were left trying to scramble for cards to try and stop me, I was able to exert my influence and demand to be in most of the deals. I did not ask for too much to scare the deal away, but with 4 characters I could close most deal with little help.

Eventuality I was taken back down to only 2 main characters, but it was too late. I closed as many deals as I could to force the end game which came on the 13th deal.

I was a clear winner with $60 million.

I think we used most of our I'm the Boss cards too early when money was still relatively small. Also, deals were completed a lot of the time. I think only 1 or 2 times was a deal not reached. This will change in future games, I know it.

We loved the game and immediately set up for our rematch. I took this as a good sign that this game was a winner with our group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
To try and stay likable I took the player not used since we only had five.

I think the rules actually require you to take the unused investors before targeting other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.