Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Help with Bloglines and/or RSS Feeds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone here use Bloglines? I seem to be having problems with it lately. I have subscribed to several games I am interested in, so I can see any updates on my Palm, even when I am away from a computer. Lately, it seems to be "missing" updates. Messages get posted to the game's pages, and it never shows up in Bloglines. Is there something screwy with the RSS feeds?

On a possbily related note, when I am at the Bloglines site, looking at my feeds, some have a little Aldie icon, while others have a small page with a globe icon. It's possible that these are the pages I am not getting updates on. Why would this be?

Help!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Aquino
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
I know why BGG RSS feeds aren't updating in Bloglines. I've had this problem before with my own RSS feeds. The reason that Bloglines is not picking up new posts is that the BGG RSS feeds are missing the pubDate and lastBuildDate tags. Details here: http://jonaquino.blogspot.com/2005/02/rolling-your-own-rss-f...

Aldie, Derk -- Would you be willing to add pubDate and lastBuildDate tags to your RSS feeds to fix the problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.