Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
On your kickstarter page you mention a "limited" edition. I can't seem to find many details on this version though. Is the only difference that they will be digitally signed and numbered or will there be any other changes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely like to understand the difference too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:

The cover will also have different coloring. So, if you are familiar with comic books, it is like haveing the same pencils and inks. BUT different colors.

I am sure I explained that poorly, but I hope it comes across well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
ohbalto wrote:

The cover will also have different coloring. So, if you are familiar with comic books, it is like haveing the same pencils and inks. BUT different colors.

That's the ONLY difference? Basically you're skipping 2 additional copies of the game to get a different-colored cover?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:

Thanks for clearing it up Michael.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
endou_kenji wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:
ohbalto wrote:

That's the ONLY difference? Basically you're skipping 2 additional copies of the game to get a different-colored cover?

Not sure I follow you here...

The $35 and $60 levels are for regular, non-limited copies of the game. The $90 level gets you 3 copies, all Limited Edition. I figure a lot of people will get together in a group of 3 locally and go for that option, saving $5 each AND getting the limited edition cover

Another option for the Limited Edition cover is to go for the $200 level, in which case you also get a few regular edition copies AND you get to name a tech card!

EDIT: OH! I see what you are saying about skipping 2 copies of the game - going directly to 3 copies...

We hope to encourage people to get their friends together and join in a small group order in order to get the limited edition cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MusicToEat wrote:
On your kickstarter page you mention a "limited" edition. I can't seem to find many details on this version though. Is the only difference that they will be digitally signed and numbered or will there be any other changes?

After talking with Michael, we've decided that while we are planning on simply having an alternate coloration for the limited edition, if it sells out then we'll do entirely alternate art for the cover!

Other than that, it will be digitally signed by myself and the artist, it will be numbered, and it will have some kind of banner or something indicating it's a limited edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool -- thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:

If you could imagine the COOLEST version of Limited Edition, what would it look like? And why would you be frothing at the mouth to get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
ohbalto wrote:

If you could imagine the COOLEST version of Limited Edition, what would it look like? And why would you be frothing at the mouth to get it?

Well it's hard to say without having seen any of the components yet, but upgraded resource and victory point tokens possibly. The ones you're planning to include might be awesome already though. I love the wood pieces you have for Homesteaders and if the bits in Eminent Domain are just as nice there would be no need for an upgrade. If they're just cardboard counters though, this might be a nice selling point for the limited edition.

I'd love some pictures of the components! cards/tokens/box art

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MusicToEat wrote:

I'd love some pictures of the components! cards/tokens/box art

So would we!

With the kickstarter money we will be able to pay our awesome artists to create some awesome art to show you.

Currently the plan is to have cardboard chits for the Resources, Armies, and Victory points. Maybe we'll price wooden bits as well and see if that's feasible. It's kind of a toss up, because the chits can have nice art, while wooden bits are kind of plain (though wooden rather than flat cardboard).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
MusicToEat wrote:

After talking with Michael, we've decided that while we are planning on simply having an alternate coloration for the limited edition, if it sells out then we'll do entirely alternate art for the cover!

Other than that, it will be digitally signed by myself and the artist, it will be numbered, and it will have some kind of banner or something indicating it's a limited edition.

If you are able to do totally new art for the Limited Edition, you should do something artistic. Less emphasis on showing components and words, more emphasis on something that would look cool on your game shelf.

Something like:

or anything from this geeklist:
Minimalistic posters

It's not like you would be selling us on the game in a game store. We're already sold and would like something cool to display in addition to our name in the rulebook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fanaka66 wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
MusicToEat wrote:

If you are able to do totally new art for the Limited Edition, you should do something artistic. Less emphasis on showing components and words, more emphasis on something that would look cool on your game shelf.

Something like:

or anything from this geeklist:
Minimalistic posters

It's not like you would be selling us on the game in a game store. We're already sold and would like something cool to display in addition to our name in the rulebook!

Yeah, that is a possibility. Our artist is suggesting that it's very important to maintain branding. Someone who doesn't have the Limited Edition should be able to look at the box and immediately tell what game it is, but also immediately tell that it's somehow different.

But part of me is with you, that completely alternate art would be pretty cool. We'll have to see what transpires.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kunsemiller
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Mischievous Hobbes is Mischievous
mbmbmbmbmb
A version of the game that comes with cool sleeves would be awesome as well, I'd be willing to kickstart more than I already have for that (At the 90$ level presently).

I also agree that a drastically different cover would be very cool, maybe you can have a similar spine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaiah Tanenbaum
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree with your artist. I own a LOT of games, and I imagine that most others who are pitching in on the group orders to get the LE do, too. Your best bet in such a situation is to make a cover that really stands out, so it gets noticed on the shelf when people visit or when we pick a game to bring to a game night. Something really "artsy" will accomplish this; if it's clear that it's a LE people won't look for that cover art in the store.

I agree that the minimalistic poster guy's work, and that risk box, are directions to explore. Although honestly that cloud burst design you've got for the main image is stunning anyway. Maybe if you just used that, with very minimal text and wrapped it to the back as well?

As for components: wood, wood, wood. Give me something with weight over a cardboard chit any day of the week, art or no. Perhaps a perk for LE is that they get both; you can sell additional wood "upgrade" packs for a nominal fee if you like, Mayday Games style. But for me, I'm happy with abstract wood disks, they don't even need to be the shape of the resources.

You can also go the "wood and stickers" route if you really want the art on the chits. But please no cardboard; it always ends up getting blown off the table, stuck to sweaty hands, spilled on, lost...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.