Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Diplomacy commentary - BGG05-2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spring 1910 move:

http://www.floc.net/observer.py?judge=DEDO&game=bgg052&page=...

Well, I guess Austria doesn't want Mun! (Yet.) Is this miscommunication between Austria and Italy, or something deeper? Austria will not get a center this year unless it is Mun - but even that requires Italian help.

Germany has some interesting choices for A Bur. He could support it into Mun, just in case A/I do not make a coordinated attack. Or he try to get it into Bel. Or he could defend it - if Bur falls, Par is next. But if Italy uses all three armies against Bur, Germany has to outguess him precisely to hold it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree with the fact that Burgundy is critical here. It's not only critical to holding Paris, though. Without Burgundy, the whole defense of Germany starts to unravel. With England almost resolved (Germany should get London now), Germany finds itself outnumbered in the Atlantic by one fleet and two other fleets may be on their way.

Really, this game is now hard to win for Germany and not long ago he was the dominant player. What a terrible change of fortune!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.