Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hogan Brimacombe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
The best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry...
mbmbmbmbmb
So me and my friends are playing the other day, and i have my dragon all loaded up to burn the wounded paladin to death and stop the party from healing while burning all the other adventurers as well.

The party is the paladin with 5 damage, an 8 point warrior, a 7 warrior, and a priest at the back with 6 points and 3 hearts. Nobody has damage except the paladin.

Now the spell comes up (it was round 2 and a fast acter, so the paladin being alive allowed it to be played) and the spell dictates that i can only attack the first adventurer. Ok fine, i only need 3 more damage to kill the paladin and fatigue will finish him after the burning, but as my friend points out, the priest at the back is not on fire "rules reference:"adventurers have trouble reciting holy incantations when on fire"".

I managed to convince him that the spell would not stop the dragon's attacking ability of stopping healing, referencing that it would be ridiculous if that spell had been played on a demon and think that only the person you hit cannot conquer, but am curious to know what you guys think.

P.S. If anyone can remember the name of that spell that would be great. Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The name of the spell is "Blind Rage". While it's true that the spell does sort of ruin the thematic justification of the "no-healing" Dragon ability, it's also true that there's nothing on the spell card that says the "no-healing" ability is nullified. Also, the official Czech Games FAQ confirms that this ability is still in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hogan Brimacombe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
The best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes. Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.