Subject: In Taiwan..wat good games to get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Lee
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I have someone visiting taiwan, what games should i ask him to buy me other than GO? Also, it should be much Cheaper than buying in the States

Also, which GO boards is the best? wood?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Johan Ragnarsson
Sweden
Lund
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could get a combined xiangqi/weiqi(go) board. All the regular ones are made of wood. You can get a go board in some Chinese stores in the states for a good price too, considering how hard it is to bring back home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mulan Wong
Taiwan
Zhonghe District
New Taipei City
flag msg tools
The mushroom of course.
badge
One side of what?
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, in addition, you can really get a good set of Mahjong. But... WHY are you thinking about getting games from Taiwan? There are very limited amount of games that spring up in this place. I live here and most of my games are made in countries half-way around the world. Well, there is one native card game worth mentioning, Tracer, which is in Traditional Chinese and definitely language dependent. Nope, this is not a place to get games. yuk On the other hand, if you get your friend to bring some games over (like Heroscpae & expansions) I guarantee that he will make a profit selling them. But I suppose if you want to get some things you might as well get some Albums and stuffs which are probably a bit cheaper; even Japanese comics, if you can read Chinese. Actually COME HERE FOR ANYTHING ELSE BUT GAMES!! It's sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lee
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
so the game is actually called tracer???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mulan Wong
Taiwan
Zhonghe District
New Taipei City
flag msg tools
The mushroom of course.
badge
One side of what?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup it is called Tracer, and you can only get the 2nd edition now. The Chinese name is ’Ç?ÕŽÒ. It is a nice little card game. I have just submitted an entry into the database. But I don't know if it will be accepted. Your friend can probably get a copy by calling this number: (02) 23692527. If all else fails, I can probaly hunt down a copy and send it to you. It is very small and light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.