Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Goldstein
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Nyarlathotep first appeared, there are more than the original 5 mask monsters in the game. Has Nyarlathotep been errata'd to say add ALL mask monsters, or do we still add just 5? And must it be the original 5 or 5 of our choice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each expansion has had a mention of adding the extra Masks to the original 5. Use 'em all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Goldstein
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I've been doing, since its the most fun option! We may start separating monsters and mask monsters into their own monster cups, and when you have do draw we roll a die to see which cup to draw from. You know, just to make sure we see the masks show up. Nothing more annoying than adding important stuff to the game to never see them drawn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the way I play Nyarlathotep using all 10 Masks:

You still add the Black Man to the monster cup, but all other Masks are now Spawn monsters that stay on/return to Nyarlathotep's sheet.

Whenever there is a Monster Surge, place the Mask with the surging gate's symbol on that gate. If the corresponding Mask is already on the board, place the Shadowy Figure on that gate instead.

I find this to be a much more fun and interesting way to play against Nyarly than just randomly drawing them from the cup.

I'm sure I read this idea in the forums here somewhere, but I don't know who to credit. I hope whoever originally posted this idea chimes in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.