Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking that since the order of play on the first bidding round gives an advantage to players bidding later, perhaps the first bidding could be blind. I hope I'm using the term properly. Each player puts a card face down. If the card is a blue bid card, then it goes in the discard pile and is considered the bid. Otherwise, the card gets returned to the player's hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:First round
Sure, the last player to bid has a slight advantage. But it doesn't really affect the game that much. Besides, it makes the die roll before the game that much more fun when you're rooting for the player to your left to roll highest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Armstead
United States
New Brighton
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:First round
I agree with Salt-man Z

In our group we always want him to bid first (even though I'll always bid second), because he has an uncanny ability to get really high bid cards in his opening hand. If he bids first, we can see if it is worth bidding at all or just passing and holding the bid for later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah, purists.

If you can improve the game by negating first-turn disadvantage, why not do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.