Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Abad
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game a few days ago and at last I have played it today. A question arose:

When moving a militian to attack an opponent's character, do you also have to pay 1 Action Point?

Another question that just comes to mind is: do both militians always come into play in every adventure unless stated otherwise on the adventure board?

This question does nor really have to do with militians. Let's imagine Davitto is attacking another character who has one treasure. Since Davitto has the ability to take another treasure and the attacked character has only one, should he take 2 coins instead?

Thanks in advance to the kind person who answers my queries

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Herring
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Volodioso wrote:
I bought the game a few days ago and at last I have played it today. A question arose:

When moving a militian to attack an opponent's character, do you also have to pay 1 Action Point?

Another question that just comes to mind is: do both militians always come into play in every adventure unless stated otherwise on the adventure board?

This question does nor really have to do with militians. Let's imagine Davitto is attacking another character who has one treasure. Since Davitto has the ability to take another treasure and the attacked character has only one, should he take 2 coins instead?

Thanks in advance to the kind person who answers my queries

So I have been able to play a few games. I will answer from what I have read and understood:

1) No, the first part of your turn is to collect an arcana card, choose one of the militia and roll a dice to move him. If you roll a 6 he does not move, otherwise he moves that many spaces and will attack if you move him onto another player's character.

2) Each adventure board says what is in play. If it says nothing assume they are in play.For instance,the King of Ashes (the zombie adventure) specifically says the militia are NOT in play.

3) Heheh, I like Davitto. My view of this is should he attack a character with only one treasure he simply only collects the one treasure. Gaining a treasure that gives him multiples could still be a huge advantage. Strategically, you should seek out characters with two treasures for him to attac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Abad
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Doug for your answer.
I could find it at last on page 6 of the Spanish manual, where it specifically states that no AP are required to move Militians or attack with them. I was so desperate to play that I read the rules diagonally, forgetting some important rules, like that one or the one that says that those thieves who stay on the board when the last turn ends will make you loose 3 coins!!! So, no matter if the thief has no trasures, we are a team and no one can be left behind!!!

As for Davitto, well, you're right, he should go for thieves with more than one treasure, but that is not always possible, and, anyway, I think it is fair that he could take 2 coins if he cannot take another chest. Let's hope some official answer sheds some light on it. Until then, my Davitto will keep on stealing coins too, hehehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.