Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone. I was just contacted by a client of ours looking to create a "board game" style marketing tool. They are a design firm that is looking for a unique way to present what they do to potential clients.

What I am looking for are games that can inspire them. Right now they know they want some kind of board that uses players to move through the design process. Initially they were thinking of something along the snakes and ladders line, but I think there are more interesting ways of accomplishing this.

What I want to try and show them are images of games that are either tile driven or card driven that move players around a board. The big thing is to keep in mind that this is a sales tool, so it has to have an interesting look to it. I am putting them onto the Geek to get inspired but want to give them some focus.

any ideas can help....thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
take a look at Drakon (third edition), real simple rules, either play a tile, or move our guy onto a different tile. the tiles have different actions which are activated when you move your guy onto them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tile-driven makes me think of Carcassonne, Gold Mine, and Drakon. Forbidden Island also uses tiles to build the island each time before you play.

Card-driven makes me think of Caylus Magna Carta uses cards to build the road/buildings you move players along.

(Edited for links to games.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that they want a game board and that the concept is to move a client through the design process. So cards could be used as event cards. But what I am wondering is if there is a game that uses tiles to move pawns through a board.

Carc was one of the first things that came to mind, but possibly the discovery where there is a board included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monchichi wrote:
I know that they want a game board and that the concept is to move a client through the design process. So cards could be used as event cards. But what I am wondering is if there is a game that uses tiles to move pawns through a board.

Carc was one of the first things that came to mind, but possibly the discovery where there is a board included.

What I see when you say this is a flowchart with a meeple walking down the chart in some pre-determined order.

What are the variables? Where is the randomness? Where is the skill?

IMO all of these are needed for a game.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
monchichi wrote:

What I see when you say this is a flowchart with a meeple walking down the chart in some pre-determined order.

What are the variables? Where is the randomness? Where is the skill?

IMO all of these are needed for a game.

Tom

The game that got them thinking about this is Snakes and Ladders. The intent from the start was to "play" it like a game rather than simply moving from one step to the next. So if you happened to land on a "snake" or road block it would take you back down to start a process over. To me I think there is potentially a more interesting a creative way of doing this that allows for more interacting with the client. Rather than modeling it on some old classic like S&L or Life I thought it would be cool to find a Euro twist on things. There is some advantage to having the outcome and "path" predetermined, but the idea is that life isn't always smooth sailing so having unexpected problems arising offers the firm to show ways they can "think" on their feet sorta speak and react to issues and they occur.

I am leaning towards something with cards, but for the first one that we need to build for this Friday I am thinking that Tiles may be a more feasible option as they can print off high quality prints on text weight paper that we can mount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.