Jason Kotarski
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I had a great time at Chitag last year and are planning on attending again this year. Just have a couple questions...

1. Will the Gen Con Library be available again this year? I think had we known how cool it was we would have planned a little different and spent some more time checking out games.

2. Will there be another One Night in Essen event? I missed it last year, mostly due to ignorance, and would love another shot to check out some of the new games as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Our game library is being provided courtesy of Chicagoland Games this year. Its not quite as expansive as the Gen Con Library, but still offers ample variety and a great selection. People are welcome to bring a selection of their own games if they wish, and I imagine that some of the Rio Grande Design Contest finalists will be happy to show off their prototypes.

2. We should have after-hours gaming again, but we are not going to have as many Essen titles (probably just what Rio Grande makes available to us). "One night in Essen" was a very expensive proposition for the number of people that participated in the event last year, as I had to travel to Essen and purchase most of the games. Only a small fraction of what I brought back was provided free of charge or at a discount. As the fair is selling out the exhibit hall this year (a first) and growing substantially in size, its likely that we'll get more manufacturer interest for this in 2011 or 2012 to help bring it back.

Hope you can make it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotarski
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the update. I'm glad there will be some sort of game library available again this year. It was a great way to check out some games last year.

Checking out the Rio Grande finalists would be cool, too. I've submitted a game to the Ann Arbor location (my first design) and I'm really looking forward to the experience. Even if my game doesn't make it to Chicago, it will be neat to see what did!

Glad to hear the event is growing too. Congrats!

Thanks again for your help. Looking forward to spending the Saturday with you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.