Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Boes
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see more functionality on the advanced search page. For example, it would be nice for me to be able to answer this:

What games in my collection have very few (i.e., 0-2) reviews? (or even just 0-2 articles)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happier with just including a column for year and other database elements. And it would be nice to have refined searches (all games rated 0-10 with at least 5 votes from Avalon Hill that are NOT expansions to base games or gravy-train games [there's no category for gravy-trainers, yet, but it sure would be nice to eliminate reprints and extensions of a franchise]).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Green
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like to see a way to search for items that are NOT some of the search categories. Possibly have a toggle between on, off, and not. So, for example, that way I can look for all auction games that are NOT wargames and are NOT expansions.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't help Jeff, but it's a step closer to what Randy was asking for. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'd like to be able to make a search for the "Summary" field of a game.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want SQL access to the database!

No? Well shucks... cry

Well, if not, I guess I want what they want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin H
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Here's what would make my life a whoooooole lot easier...

Okay...you can search by category, or by mechanic...

BUT...the results are listed alphabetically!!! If I just click on the "A" games...they might be in the 2000's or 10,000's or who knows what...

If I want to know the top 20 say...modular board games...I would have to pore through the ratings game by game by game...(Which is actually what I am doing at the moment with an Excel spreadsheet)

This I'm sure wouldn't be very hard to implement...

And then when that is done, move on to what the above people have suggested. A cross-tabulation type of thing to really narrow the searches down.

But having a readily available list sorted by ratings of the top economic games, farming games, sports games, auction/bidding games, co-operative play games, secret unit deployment games...

Well it would be like having 115 new geeklists...monster geeklists

And if you could cross-tabulate mechanics and categories then well...it's damn near innumerable!

Leave the ratings squabbling aside and get this done somebody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.