Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after one and a half game, some questions:

1) Bonus-Card: May I play a "Bonus" card only on one of my own battles, or may I play it on a battle where my troops do not participate, too?
2) How long last the "Bonus" card? The whole battle or just one round?
3) Rebellion: Am I right, that this is an ADDITIONAL Diplomacy roll in the diplomacy phase? If so, may I first use Rebellion to turn an alien controlled country neutral, and afterwards use my normal diplomacy action to turn it to allied?
4) How long does "Fortified Base" last? The whole game? May I play multiple "Fortified Base" card on my own Base? May I play "Fortified Base" on allied Bases, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacobo Cagigal Gonzalez
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
So, after one and a half game, some questions:

1) Bonus-Card: May I play a "Bonus" card only on one of my own battles, or may I play it on a battle where my troops do not participate, too?
2) How long last the "Bonus" card? The whole battle or just one round?
3) Rebellion: Am I right, that this is an ADDITIONAL Diplomacy roll in the diplomacy phase? If so, may I first use Rebellion to turn an alien controlled country neutral, and afterwards use my normal diplomacy action to turn it to allied?
4) How long does "Fortified Base" last? The whole game? May I play multiple "Fortified Base" card on my own Base? May I play "Fortified Base" on allied Bases, too?

Hi Thomas,

Here go the answers:
1) You can play any card on any player, so yes, you can play Bonus cards on battles you don't participate.

2) Just one round.

3) The use of Rebellion cards give additional diplomacy rolls at the diplomacy phase, however, players may not carry out a diplomatic effort with a country immediately following the successful play of a ‘Rebellion’ card against that country in the same turn.

4) Fortified Base for the whole game after played. A base can be fortified only once and it receives then the fortified base marker. As with all cards, 'Fortified Base' can be played on other player bases.

Best Regards,
Jacobo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply!

regarding answer 1: So I may play an As or Elite card, too, if an ally wins a battle? Nice!

regarding answer 4: Wouldn't it make sense to remove Fortified Base cards from the deck, so that you can only draw as much as you have bases in play? Otherwise they are "dead" hand cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacobo Cagigal Gonzalez
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply!

regarding answer 1: So I may play an As or Elite card, too, if an ally wins a battle? Nice!

regarding answer 4: Wouldn't it make sense to remove Fortified Base cards from the deck, so that you can only draw as much as you have bases in play? Otherwise they are "dead" hand cards...

Yes, you can play any card (including Elite and As) on any player. This is very important for card play optmization in basic mode.

About removing Fortified Base cards with less than 4 players,take into account they have advantage compared with 4 player games. In 4 player games play of a card from a player implies his 3 other cards cannot be played for the rest of the turn. With less player this restriction is attenuated. This and having less cards in their hands make the game more balanced. Nevertheless, feel free to try it (removing one card in 3 player games and 2 cards in 2 player games). Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.