Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Ochs
United States
Jackson
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M, K and myself were going to try and get another game of Power Grid going, but we couldn't rustle up a fourth and thought that PG would be too boring with 3. M had been wanting to try Princes of Florence for a while and I hadn't played it in a while so I thought that was a pretty good idea. Luckily, K is always up for anything, so we weren't too worried that he wouldn't like it.

After explaining the rules, of which I left a few out , we started. M and K picked up on it pretty quickly, and the only real confusion were due to ommissions I had made in explaining the rules.

I made it a point that Jesters were very valuable, and the bidding for them can be pretty high. I still managed to pick up 4 of them so I went for a heavy work-value strategy. I tried to get a builder, but K kept snaking them from me. K ended up being the only player with 2 builders, with both M and myself having none. Buildings were costing me, but my work values were so high with my 4 jesters that I generally had enough cash.

M was going for a work-value strategy as well, but without the jesters he had a hard time beating me for best work each round. That ended up helping me quite a bit. I eventually took a commanding lead and won by at least 10 or 15 points.

I always find it hard to balance what I need and what I want. I always want Prestige cards, but never seem to get the chance to pick them up. I figured that I would focus on that next game...which both M and K wanted to play immediately again! This one always seems to be a hit, even though I'm horrible at explaining the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.