Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Ochs
United States
Jackson
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were just about to start our second game of PoF when the unspeakable happened....K spilled his full glass of Mountain Dew!!! You would think that Rio Grande would know American gamers well enough to make all game components Mountain Dew and Cheetoh proof, but noooooo.

Anyway, the drink managed to miss the cardboard bits but seemed to eeriely seek out the cards, which would be the most prone to liquid damage. M ran to get some paper towels while we tried to sop up the table with whatever we had on hand. Putting the cards in paper towels to get some of the moisture off worked, but the edges were still soaked and really floppy.

We figured that we would have to get out the blowdryer, thereby waking up the sleeping children, when M came up with a great idea. He had a rack that you can put in a clothes dryer for shoes and such. The drum spins around it, but the rack stays stationary. So what we did was put the cards on the rack, then put a dry towel on top of them to keep them from flying around. After about 15 minutes, viola!, the cards were dry! The edges were a little bent up on some of the cards, but no more than a well-played deck of cards.

Anyway, for the first game I went for a heavy work-producing strategy, and this game I figured I would go for building. I'm never very good at that, but I thought I would try something new. M went heavy into the work producing strategy, buying a few bonus cards that really helped him rack up the cash and prestige points. K was going for a mix, getting a few Prestige cards and trying to balance out building and works. I only produced like 4 works, but was trying to concentrate on getting builders and buildings. I eventually got my 3 builders, but too late and didn't buy any worthwhile Prestige cards. That really did me in. M ended up winning by like 10 or 15 points with his Bonus-heavy works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.