Tim Richter
United States
Springfield
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok.
In my online game, the Romans with 8CU came through Renate to try to kick some Gallic tail in Asculum (MLA and 5CU). It was a near total waste of time, as even with a +3, the Gaul rolled 6-6-3 and the Roman 4-1-2.
The Roman lost 5CU and turned tail.

Now, according to the rules, he must retreat to the closest space free of enemy CU that either: a) is friendly controlled, or b) has more friendly CU than the retreating force. He did not control Renate

Under 12.4.5 Retreat Penalties:

A retreating force loses 1 additional CU for:
Each space entered with an enemy PC marker, walled city, or tribe.
Each enemy CU, outside a walled city, in any space entered during
the retreat
A force that cannot retreat, has no place to retreat to or must retreat more
than four spaces is eliminated; CU are removed and leaders displaced.

My question is this: Does a PC marker have to be present? Or if the circle is not your color is it considered to be Politically Controlled by that color's player?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the same question as your other Forum thread. I responded on the other one. Having duplicate, parallel threads is rather confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WeTheMeeple wrote:

My question is this: Does a PC marker have to be present? Or if the circle is not your color is it considered to be Politically Controlled by that color's player?
Thanks

To save counter space PC markers are assumed to be in the spaces on the map. Thus a red circle on the map is the same as a space with a Roman PC marker.

Since the 5th player expansion now comes with the new edition it would make sense to kill the 5th player expansion entry or at least somehow merge it with this entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wray wrote:
Since the 5th player expansion now comes with the new edition it would make sense to kill the 5th player expansion entry or at least somehow merge it with this entry.

I don't expect that will happen as they were originally sold separately. What is more in line with BGG tendencies is for a new Sword of Rome Deluxe Edition entry to be added.surprise

I didn't even realize I answered the question in the expansion Forum. I would have answered it here - as it doesn't relate to the expansion anyhow - instead if I was paying enough attention. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.