Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is something I saw when viewing my subscription items, by subscription:

Notice that the Small World threads also include the new threads for some expansions of SW: Necromancer Island and Be Not Afraid.

If I un-expand that list of threads, you can see further down that the BNA threads are listed separately; the NI expansion however did not appear in the list of Items:

Here are my points/questions:

1. The SW:NI thread was not listed separately, even though the SW:BNA threads were. This is at least an inconsistency: either all or none should have their own listing.

2. Are a game's expansions' threads supposed to be listed with the parent game? I would prefer that they were not: after all, it looks like they are supposed to be listed separately, so it's redundant, and clutters up the parent game's list, especially if it is a popular game like SW.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
The view you are looking at is items grouped by subcription.

You are probably subscribed to Small world with the preference to show "member items". That would mean that new content for Small World expansions would appear in your subscription feed, and when you view sorted by subscription, they will show under "Small World." YOu may also be subscribed directly to some but not all of the expansions. In that case, when looking at new items by subscription, the new items will appear under the expansion directly as well.

If you don't want to see expansion items listed under the main item, you should turn off the member items preference for the Small world subscription (or turn it off generally in preferences), and subscribe directly to the expansions you are interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, Daniel. You are right that I was not subscribed to SW:NI -- I thought I was, but it's a newer entry and I hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks also for the pointer on the preferences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.