Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Oh Heck, my favorite card game and also easily my most played card game. But my friends and I had fun playing a variation we called Oh Shoot.

We used the same scoring system -- 10 points + 1 per trick if you took exactly the number of tricks you predicted, 0 points if you took more or less. But instead of turning over the top card on the deck to reveal trump, the high bidder was allowed to pick trump. If there was a tie, we turned over the top card to reveal trump.

This made making your bid a good deal more difficult, since you didn't know what trump was until after your bid. Playing with 3, we had a fair number of bids massively underbid (where no one wanted to pick trump), and also some massively overbid (where 2 or 3 tried to pick trump). It was a much lower scoring game, but a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how we play it too. It makes you think out your plan and there's a nice "screw your neighbor" aspect. Also, there can't be a bid tie, the first one to bid the highest number get to name trump. If you want it, you gotta go higher!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.