Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Butler
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it is considered poor form to write a session report so long after the fact, so if it is, I apologize in advance.

Thanksgiving. The whole family was at my brother's house. This consisted of me and my two daughters, my brother, his wife and three daughters, and my mom. We had finished dinner, and it was suggested that we play a game. Nine player games are not real common, but in the end, he suggested Survivor.

At this point, I had never seen the show. It turns out I was the only one who could make that claim. So we split the teams up such that it was me, my brother, my mom, my youngest daughter, and his middle daughter, against everyone else. We ended up having to go to the first tribal council. My brother immediately talked the others into voting against me. Being completely oblivious to how the show worked, I started complaining that this wasn't fair. The four of them, and the entire other team, thought this was the funniest thing ever, and I was the first one out.

So I sat there, bitter and disenchanted with the game, an observer from here on out. Our team lost again (served them right!), and my mom started trying to form a female alliance. My brother countered by threatening his daughter that she had to live with him, and then tried to sweet talk my youngest. It turned out that the womens alliance held strong and voted my brother out, but not after some tense moments. My brother wrote "Grandma" on his slip when voting, causing my mom to get all indignant, and wonder which kid was the traitor while the votes were being read.

Now that my misery had some company, I'm not 100% sure what happened, as we decided to watch football, and let the women finish each other off. We were called back to be in the final jury, voting for either my sister-in-law, or my oldest niece. My SIL employed a "fly under the radar" strategy by not making any waves, while my niece was one of the ringleaders in trash talking when I got voted out. Normally, I am a fan of taunting during board games, unless it is directed at me from a kid. In that case, there needs to be lessons learned. In other words, no WAY was my niece getting my vote. In a very close 4-3 vote, my sister-in-law won. I made sure to rub it in that her trash talking cost her the game.

Normally, after such a humiliating defeat, I will want to play again immediately to redeem myself, but this game was pretty lame, and the football game was still going, so I will forever live as the first one out in the inagural (and so far, only) entire family version of Survivor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.