Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
DIA DE LOS MUERTOS: Steve, John, Todd, Phil

With Halloween approaching, I decided to push to play this partnership trick-taking game whose theme revolves around the three days of the dead. There are three rounds in the game, one each for animals, children, and adults. Teams try to win tricks that include muertos (the dead) cards or food cards. There are 4 muertos cards and 3 food cards available in each of the three rounds. Each pairing of muertos and food at game end counts as 1pt.

I've played this game only a handful of times, while this game was new to the other players, so we had no knowledge or understanding of the subtleties of the game (such as which cards to swap or when to play certain colored cards). Each team had 1.5 pairs after the first round. Steve&John had 3.5 pairs after the second round, while Todd&Phil had just 3 pairs. During the last round, Steve&John quickly won tricks with muertos cards, but were lacking food for them. Todd&Phil managed to win the penultimate trick, which netted them both a muertos and a food to take the lead! But, as required for winning a point card, Todd had to exchange his last card with Steve. For the last trick Todd and John each played food cards (#2), I played a #7, and Steve played the #8 that he just gotten from Todd, thereby winning the trick and the game. Final score: Steve&John = 5, Todd&Phil = 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. I love it when that happens.

Far too often, the game is decided early in the third hand, or even in the second hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.