Ernie Darby
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,

I played my first Epic Battlelore Map last night and it seemed extremely slow. Even the people I was playing with (it was a 4 person game) commented about how slow it was and it is much better one on one. Is this the same feeling that you get or does Epic just play more slower especially with more people. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Make sure you set it up right (not sure if you played CtA or a pre-printed scenario). With CtA, it shifts forward to limit some of the open space.

Also make sure you are playing up to 2 cards if only playing section cards.

However, the first few turns take a while to see action as each army moves into position. Cavalry and Archers play a more important role. But after that, the game is much more interesting and more action packed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Epic, but I have only played it with 2 players. It really makes the game interesting - and as Brian said, makes cavary and ranged units much more important. Epic to me is a much more strategic game. Lots of fun!

Cheers,

Giles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic with two is great fun and goes pretty fast. I haven't played Epic with more than two in a great long while, but I think it has the potential to play pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kostek
United States
Camano Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Slow? Not IMO.

Longer? Yes, the game takes longer to play, but that's a good thing IMO.

It also takes longer to set up and tear down, and that's not so much fun. Once I put all my minis into tackle boxes, 1 unit to a cubby, the set-up and tear down is really fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I really ever play is Epic Call to Arms with Heroes and all expansions. Setup is long, but well worth it. I never once thought of any games being slow. Even with multiple players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Darby
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It also may be that I am playing with newer players so they are having to reference a lot. Will keep giving it a go. Thanks for letting me know that it is not really that way and probably just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As with any game, it will be slower with lesser experience. Glad to hear you will keep playing, it truly is a great game. And it's only getting better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.