Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a few games of Outdoor Survival tonight. I used the D.B. Cooper variant here on the Geek.

I tried three games. The first game the search plane started by heading due north. I took off in a bee line towards my cache. The plane kept going up and down searching in a vertical line. I get the feeling the pilot figured he would find me as long as he kept covering the same area. Anyway, I had some lucky rolls and made it straight to the exit without any trouble whatsoever. It was a bit off a dissapointment.

The second game was more difficult. The plane took off east as I headed west so I felt pretty safe. I went a little bit but then got stuck in a jungle and got lost wandering around in random directions. I died pretty quick after that with all my millions.

The third game, the plane went of due south-east and I took my usual route. I found I was running low on water real fast and stopped at a watering hole to rest and fill my canteen over the next few turns while the search plane looked for me far on the eastern edges of the map. I took off again once I felt refreshed but didn't get very far. The plane ended up coming close to me and spotting me as I crossed a mountain pass no more than three days from my chache and safety.

All three games went pretty quick. The last was the longest which finished in about 8 minutes. The only real trouble was some cat interference.

The scenario felt a bit to easy and may need some tweeking. One idea is to start at the eastern ege of the map at hut #9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.