United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sincethe Peakhope only has 5 sections, if 3 sections show the black cross you have lost, not 4. Will make this modification to the expansion PDF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves trundorn
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you said : (this ship is one die shorter and allows for forward guns and for pirate positions now surrounding the zeppelin)

how are you using the forward guns ? only to shoot forward position ? is it possible to use them as a "bonus" guns roll on each side (using range as usual) ?

pirate position now surrounding the zeppelin :
i undertand it like this : starting positions for pirates are unchanged, but they could move in the "free" position (forward or backward) during their movement phase.
then, it could be a problem if there is pirate backward cause you can't shoot at them. or guns in the 4th zep die could shoot on backward (using range as usual) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if you look at the diagram to the left on the Peakhope sheet you will see the 12 air pirate positions. one of which (12) is the forward gun position and possible space where an air pirate can be placed. no the forward gun can shoot the full range of possible positions as long as the gun range can reach there. think of them as top mounted swivel guns.

and yes you are right guns in the 4th position can shoot back if in range

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves trundorn
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for your reply
i didn't notice the 12 positions for Air Pirate on the Expansion 4 sheet !blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you clarified this, as I was counting out forward one spot (to space 12), then dropping down diagonally to space 1 (or 11).

Now, I have a different question that the new fore/aft positions brings up. And maybe I missed this elsewhere - if so, I appologize.

If there is an Air Pirate in the way (either in position 6 or 12) and you want to move that direction, what happens?

a - Can't do it, you are blocked/boxed in from going that way.

b - Can do it and the Air Pirate is just 'pushed' along that same direction with you.

c - Can do it and the Air Pirate is 'shoved' aside (roll a d12, on an even it moves to the Port, on an odd it moves to the Starboard)

d - Combo of b&c - roll the Air Pirate Move and see if it stays put or moves over

e - Ramming Speed! Roll a ramming attack on the Air Pirate and Airship section. Air Pirate attack value is 12 minus current Air Pirate hit points, Airship attack value is 1 plus the defense value (Blue Circle). The roll to determin if Air Pirate is shoved aside as in 'c'

f - Alternative idea for the Ramming. A single roll that determine who takes the damage. Roll a d12 and if it is less then 12 minus the current Air Pirate hit points, the Air Pirate takes 1 damage and is then shoved aside as in 'c'. If you roll higher, then the Airship has to make a defense roll or take the damage.

Or something else you had in mind?

Really enjoying this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
though i do like the ramming concept very much, i think your proposed option C is probably best and easiest to remember to do in the end. thanks for catching this. i'll update the expansion rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.