Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my second mission in the War in the South. I am using the USAF pilots and planes.

Due to the All Good Things card from the first mission, I am able to search through the Target Cards and pick any target as though it had a Political Value of 0. This is a great boon for this scenario.

I picked (26) Supply Depot which had a political value 3 points and is worth 3 VP. I normally would not be able to take this mission with such a high political value, so I use my card to a great advantage. It allows for 6 planes to fly, but I loose 2 due to the conditions of this campaign. It will take 10 hits to destroy this target but it's worth 3VP, 2 Recon, and 2 Intel... a juicy target indeed. Also, it is on the coast, so there will be no extra stress or weight point negative modifier.

My pilots are:
(Green)--Lefty--F105 Thunderchief--2xAGM-12,1xMK82,1xECM (1 SO point)
(Average)--Vapor--F-105 Wild Weasel--2xRkts,1xMK84,1xMK82,1xECM
(Skilled)--Robin--F4 Phantom II--2xRkts,1xMK84,1xMK82,1xECM
(Veteran)--Chiller--F105 Thunderchief--2xAGM-12,1x8MK4 (1 SO point)

I choose ECM pods on three of the four planes to help get more hits on the target than using them to surpress.

The inbound event card is A-1 Skyraiders. It will allow a +4 SAR roll if a pilot is downed, if needed.

My over the target event card is an AC-47 Spooky. D10 1-8 destroy 1 random site: 9-10 destroy any site. This will take out one site each turn. This is another major positive event for my strike force.

I choose to split my four planes North and Northeast pre-approach.

First Turn:
Chiller and lefty in Northern most pre-approach
Robin and Vapor in North East.
Spooky kills S-60 in Northern approach. This is a great kill and eliminates one of the main threats in the northern approach.

Fast pilots attack:
Chiller fires ATG-12 at KS-19 in target location 2 spaces away and scores a hit. The only long range threat in the target area is eliminated. This only leave infantry in the target location.
Robin fires Rockets at S-60 in East approach and misses.
Vapor fires Rockets at S-60 in East approach scores a hit. This leaves one S-60 in the East approach.

Enemy attack:
S-60 in the east fires at Robin. The ECM is infective and scores 1 stress.

Slow pilots attack:
Lefty fires ATG-12 at target and scores 2 hits 2 spaces away.

Second Turn:
Spooky Kills Zu-32-2 in Northern Zone

Chiller and lefty in Nort approach.
Robin and Vapor move in from the East.

Fast pilots attack:
Chiller fires ATG-12 at target scores 2 hits. Target now has 4 damage.
Robin fires at Rockets at Infantry in target and misses.
Vapor fires Rockets at S-60 in the East approach and hits. No more threats in the Eastern approach.

No enemy fire.

Slow pilots attack:
Lefty fires ATG-12 at target and scores 2 hits. Target has 6 damage.

Third Turn:
Spooky Kills Zu-32-2 in Western Zone

All planes move to low and enter center area.

Fast pilots attack:
Chiller first MK-84 at target scores 1 hit. Target has 7 damage.
Robin fires MK-82 at infantry MISS
Vapor first MK-82 at infantry MISS

Enemy attacks:
Infantry fires at Lefty but the ECM negates the attack.
Infantry fires at Vapor ECM is infective and Vapor takes 1 stress.

Fourth Turn:
Spooky Kills Infantry in Target Zone.

All units stay in target zone

Fast pilots attack:
Chiller is out of munitions; fires Gun at the target and misses.
Robin fires MK-84 at target and misses.
Vapor fires MK-84 scores a direct hit doing 3 damage to the target 10 damage to target
This destroys the target but I can go for 12+ hits for overkill.

Infantry fires on Robin EMC does nothing to stop. Robin is hit, his plane is damaged he takes 2 stress. Luckily for me, he has no munitions left.

Lefty fires MK-82 at target and scores 1 hit. Target total is 11.

Final tally is target destroyed with 11 damage.

Homeward bound event is:
Down Time - Remove one stress from each pilot in squadron. Yet another good event.

All in all, this was a very successful mission. Without the spooky I may have had a hard time. I did miss several times with both my rockets and MK bombs. Still, we all made it back and destroyed the target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh... just missed the Overkill by 1 point of damage. I am really enjoying this game. Nice write up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Great mission summary!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, for the comments. This is mission two of my long campaign. I will post an AAR for the whole campaign soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.