Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Goodall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this is a Risk 2210 review, I will assume you know how to play basic Risk.

Risk 2210 brings risk into the 23rd century (how many risks will we have then i wonder??), along with a new turn design and the addition of new lands (or seas) to conquer.
This version of Risk is played over 5 turns, which gives the game a definite end, reducing the elimination downtime in basic risk. Players also lay down Supply Stations, which produce additional MODs (Minions of Destruction, the armies of this game) in established areas. In addition to acquiring MODs each turn, players also get money, which enables them to buy advanced Army leaders, or commanders. These commanders specialize in different aspects of warfare, and give the player access to powerful cards in their type (the commaneders are: Land, Sea, Moon, Diplomat, and Nuclear).

Risk 2210 also enables players to conquer underwater, as well as journeying to the moon via their Supply Stations. This expands the gameboard, and gives players more room to operate with less conflict. Many games are decided without any players being eliminated.

At the end of five turns, each player scores Victory Points for each territory they occupy, in addition to bonuses from cards and other bonus points. This introduction of Victory Points gives Risk 2210 a slightly more "euro" feel than original risk, and helps a much broken game become more playable

my rating: 6/10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Shapiro
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:User Review
ptper (#451594),

"This introduction of Victory Points gives Risk 2210 a slightly more "euro" feel than original risk, and helps a much broken game become more playable"

I cannot see from your review excatly how Risk is a "much broken game".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.